Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2007, 06:02 PM

8 posts, read 26,015 times

Advertisements

Hey, so I am graduating this May with a degree in education. I am thinking NC is the place for me and my boyfriend (he is a construction managment major) But I need some help with finding towns that have things to do so we are not bored! I also would like a town that is a younger crowd, our ages would be best (we are both 22)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2007, 06:20 PM

2,024 posts, read 5,914,833 times
Honestly, the Triangle and Charlotte would come to mind for me first. Both are having tremendous population growth, so teachers are in high demand. Plus, there's tons of new residential and commercial development in both areas, so your b/f's major (great choice, BTW) would be in demand with developers, I would think.

Charlotte is a city with lots of young professionals, many in finance/banking, and has lots of shopping/dining/nightlife downtown. Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill has a big concentration of colleges and universities so there would be many things for recent grads to do here, too.

Good luck!

Old 01-21-2007, 07:11 PM

2,356 posts, read 3,476,287 times
I know a fair amount of people in your shoes (from SC), that end up moving to Charlotte. There are a lot of fresh-out-of-college people there. I graduated in May, moved to Greensboro, and it's been ok. Probably not the best choice, but not a bad one either. I don't know much about Raleigh or Winston-Salem in terms of young people, but I hear good things about both.

Old 01-21-2007, 08:35 PM

8 posts, read 26,015 times
hey thanks so much, but what is the triangle?

I've also been looking at huntersville, kannapolis, cornelius, lincolnton. They are all suburbs of charlotte, so the drive wouldnt be to bad. Any info on those towns??

Old 01-22-2007, 04:34 AM

2,024 posts, read 5,914,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by koneskm View Post
hey thanks so much, but what is the triangle?

I've also been looking at huntersville, kannapolis, cornelius, lincolnton. They are all suburbs of charlotte, so the drive wouldnt be to bad. Any info on those towns??
The Triangle = Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill, about 150 mi. from Charlotte.

The towns you mention... I've heard they're are all nice places to live (I haven't lived in CLT in a decade and don't remember them too well), but are all definitely suburban places, as you say. Really it comes down to what you mean about towns which have "things to do"! If you're thinking you want access to nightlife, entertainment, shopping at your door... you may want to be closer to the city. If you want to be in a quieter, suburban area but able to drive in on a weekend night to the city for things, these might work, but it all depends on what you are looking for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina