U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 12:19 PM

1,928 posts, read 2,096,859 times

Advertisements

DEA, National Clandestine Laboratory Register (http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/seizures/index.html - broken link)

This link will take you to the government page that lists addresses that have been busted as meth labs. Just click on our state or any state you want to get information about. I found this story on AOL news.

My county isn't listed but I am not foolish enough to think there aren't any labs in this area. It is very scary because of the danger to neighbors of people with these labs and of course the devasting toll it takes on the users.

Not much else to say. Just thought this was interesting, scary and sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2008, 02:55 PM

16,310 posts, read 14,597,177 times
McDowell and Rutherford counties are well represented. Guess it is true what they say, that there is so much manufacturing of crack in these counties that it can be counted as in industry.

Old 07-23-2008, 06:33 PM

3,665 posts, read 6,453,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
McDowell and Rutherford counties are well represented. Guess it is true what they say, that there is so much manufacturing of crack in these counties that it can be counted as in industry.
And Peter Tosh would say, and I sing, "Legalize it, don't criticize it. Legalize it, and I will advertise it."

Old 07-23-2008, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Cripes. I didn't get down that far to see those counties. Got down to Cherokee because my sister lives in Murphy and was surprised by that amount. That is truly frightening since I checked in Florida-Ft. Lauderdale and Jacksonville- where my kids live and there weren't a whole lot listed there. Of course that just means people haven't been caught yet. Do I want to know what's with McDowell and Rutherford counties or is ignorance bliss?

Old 07-27-2008, 05:03 PM

5 posts, read 9,140 times
Wonder what has been going on in 2007 and 2008?

Old 07-28-2008, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrick View Post
Do I want to know what's with McDowell and Rutherford counties or is ignorance bliss?
Probably sum it up in one acronym: NAFTA

Old 07-28-2008, 10:55 AM

70 posts, read 157,732 times
None found in 2007 or 2008 so far. It was a problem, but most of those found were users cooking up the stuff for their own use, and a little to sell. State and local law enforcement spent a lot of hours making this problem go away for us here. Thanks to those folks for their efforts.
MM

Old 07-28-2008, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnman View Post
None found in 2007 or 2008 so far. It was a problem, but most of those found were users cooking up the stuff for their own use, and a little to sell. State and local law enforcement spent a lot of hours making this problem go away for us here. Thanks to those folks for their efforts.
MM
I suspect the law about how you have to buy pseudoephedrine products has had a big impact.

Old 07-28-2008, 03:27 PM

70 posts, read 157,732 times
Quote:
I suspect the law about how you have to buy pseudoephedrine products has had a big impact.
Yes, Asheville Native, I think you are correct on that point. The fact that law enforcement made those labs a top priority also helped. I would be more worried about the counties with few or no lab busts, than the ones with high numbers. It's everywhere now, it seems.
MM

Old 07-28-2008, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnman View Post
Yes, Asheville Native, I think you are correct on that point. The fact that law enforcement made those labs a top priority also helped. I would be more worried about the counties with few or no lab busts, than the ones with high numbers. It's everywhere now, it seems.
MM
As I said there were none listed for my county but I am sure the labs and the people cooking it are absolutely everywhere. It really does pay to get to know your neighbors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina