Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 08:19 AM

105 posts, read 620,880 times

Advertisements

NCKATIE,

I'm looking to do the warehouse type thing and run an auction. We looked at Greenville SC but we think it is too far from any other big cities. We have a hard time with this choice becouse we aren't being transfered to any specific city or state. We can go anywhere. Also considering Northern GA between Chattanooga TN and Atlanta.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2006, 08:40 AM

45 posts, read 218,905 times
Chattanooga is a growing city. Around the aquarium area it is booming with small shops and restuarants. It's one of my favorite cities in the South.

Old 05-26-2006, 09:20 AM

5,660 posts, read 26,922,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weloveantiques
We are leaning towards Kings Mountain or Gastonia, they are close to Interstate 85. I think we would get traffic from Charlotte going to the mountains and some from South Carolina. Also that area is close enough to Charlotte that we would not have to rely stricly on tourists. Commercial real estate looks affordable there. I'm not really worried about finding antiques, I have good sources so I am more concerned with where I can sell them. How much snow does this area get, a few inches a year?
An average seasonal snowfall total for the Charlotte area is 6.9".

Last edited by mm34b; 05-26-2006 at 09:58 AM..

Old 05-26-2006, 10:47 AM

2,536 posts, read 9,184,694 times
Quote:
We are considering moving up to NC from Florida to escape hurricanes and crowds. We are originally small town folks and are looking for an area with lots of Antique stores-auctions-flea markets with antiques. Is Charlotte Gastonia a good option or is Raleigh better? Housing in Ashville seems a little pricey for us.

Thanks!!
hey there Weloveantiques...by chance have you looked into Belmont, NC (Gaston County)? This area has a wonderful old main street, close to the 85 and Charlotte and would also pull traffic in from the South Carolina (which would include me ) Lastly...you more than likely are alredy aware of this (but just in case) they do have a monthly antiques and collectible show in Charlotte (located at the Metrolina Expo)...it's the same company "DMG" that has several shows in Florida as well.

Old 05-26-2006, 12:32 PM

105 posts, read 620,880 times
Thanks for all the info...one more question if I may.. If someone was in downtown Charlotte and wanted to go to Asheville, would they go thru Gaston or would they go North and then west?

Thanks!!

Old 05-26-2006, 01:06 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,184,694 times
Quote:
Thanks for all the info...one more question if I may.. If someone was in downtown Charlotte and wanted to go to Asheville, would they go thru Gaston or would they go North and then west?

Thanks!!
yes, there are a couple of options but I think the most traveled route would be the 85 (which passes through Gastonia, Gaston county) then on to the 321. If in fact you stayed this side of Hickory off the 321 you will still have the traffic flow to the mountains whether they were going to the Asheville area or the Boone/Blowing Rock areas.

Old 05-26-2006, 01:52 PM

5,660 posts, read 26,922,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas
yes, there are a couple of options but I think the most traveled route would be the 85 (which passes through Gastonia, Gaston county) then on to the 321. If in fact you stayed this side of Hickory off the 321 you will still have the traffic flow to the mountains whether they were going to the Asheville area or the Boone/Blowing Rock areas.
That's interesting. I've never gone that way before on my many trips from Charlotte to Asheville over the past 30+ years. My route was I-85 to Spartanburg, SC then I-26 into Asheville. Thanks, I'll have to give your way a try sometime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina