U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2008, 11:30 AM

1 posts, read 3,578 times

Advertisements

Hello,
if anyone can tell me what is there to do in goldsboro? I thinking of taking a job at at&t call center there. How far is the mall where do you shop? How about the schools because i have a 3 soon to be 4 year old. If my family moves there what is there to do for fun? Are there activites such as gymnastics, swimming, or dance for my 3 year old to do. If not what is the next closest city to live in and commute to work if i take the job. If someone has knowledge of nc please email me or respond.:d mzrich2008@aol.com

Last edited by Gemini1985; 08-11-2008 at 11:31 AM.. Reason: EMAIL ADDRESS
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2008, 06:28 AM

1,490 posts, read 4,929,858 times
Goldsboro is rural and small. I was at the Air Force Base for two years. I just retired and we are trying to sell or rent our house there. The mall is Ok but most folks go closer to Raleigh for shopping. There are many nice neihborhoods outside the town proper.

Our 4 Yoa daughter took ballet lessons at Goldsboro School of Ballet and loved it. I would highly recommend it.

The YMCA had a nice facility and an indoor pool. Our daughter also took swiming lessons there.

Old 09-03-2008, 06:46 PM

8 posts, read 24,137 times
Goldsboro isn't as rural and small as it was several years ago. There are several good school districts and I'd check out Northwest and Rosewood for elementary. There are a couple of options for dance schools there and as faabla said, the YMCA has tons of programs. Shopping is getting better, depending on what you like. The mall still leaves a lot to be desired but recently they have opened several new shopping centers outside of the mall. You can direct message me if you have any other questions!

Old 09-03-2008, 08:09 PM

982 posts, read 3,323,343 times
The mall is a glorified shopping center.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina