U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 07:59 PM

232 posts, read 653,892 times

Advertisements

sorry...you have to come and drive around. I would say the golf course near mineral springs might be out a bit, and a lot more rural.

I wouldn't stay on independence, that's just me..if I had to choose, i would choose matthews to stay overnight than highway 74 (independence blvd)

If you are looking for some nice developments...Marvin has a few nice ones-

The Reserve, Somerset, Hunter Oaks- etc. Lot's of families and kids.

Just check out Allentate.com..and click on union county area 10 or area 5 or 6
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2006, 10:01 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,066,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindync
I would also suggest staying in Matthews. We went to Waxhaw this past weekend for a little antique shopping. We looked at houses there before we moved but decided it was more of an area we'd like to visit rather than live in.

I don't go to Monroe much at all...especially after dark. Matthews is nice and I think you would feel very safe there. Someone mentioned to check into the Lake Park area . I would also suggest that. It is also in Union County about 20 mins from Waxhaw and maybe 10 from Matthews...Beautiful subdivision that is actually its own little town with a great Chinese restaurant, walking trails, parks, and more geese than you can shake a stick at!
Interesting to hear about Monroe, we had a realtor tell us it wasn't the greatest. Too bad they have some great homes for sale. My mind is made up, definatly off the list.

Old 06-05-2006, 10:51 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,892,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069
Well I am going to be staying at a hotel in Matthews- specifically a Microtel for $39/night. Yep I know it's cheap- I simply need a nice area, a soft bed, and internet access

So if you are budget conscience (like I am) you might want to check the rates on REMOVED (I love this site to find great discounts on air travel and hotels). I read the reviews on the particular microtel inn in matthews and the 4 that i read are good (i.e., would stay again, and would recommend a friend). Obviously I could be completely surprised once I get down there this week and find something totally different

just my 2 cents

Sounds good to me I'll look it up.

Old 06-05-2006, 11:48 PM

195 posts, read 167,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongirl
sorry...you have to come and drive around. I would say the golf course near mineral springs might be out a bit, and a lot more rural.

I wouldn't stay on independence, that's just me..if I had to choose, i would choose matthews to stay overnight than highway 74 (independence blvd)

If you are looking for some nice developments...Marvin has a few nice ones-

The Reserve, Somerset, Hunter Oaks- etc. Lot's of families and kids.

Just check out Allentate.com..and click on union county area 10 or area 5 or 6
Didn't find it. Can you PM me the full link?

Old 06-06-2006, 07:48 AM

483 posts, read 1,447,132 times
Default Here you go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bound4NC
Didn't find it. Can you PM me the full link?
Use this link. It will take you directly to the search page. In Step 2 is where you would select Charlotte region, then just below that you would select Union County.

Old 06-06-2006, 07:48 AM

483 posts, read 1,447,132 times
Default Ooops!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmdj43
Use this link. It will take you directly to the search page. In Step 2 is where you would select Charlotte region, then just below that you would select Union County.
Sorry, here it is.
removed

Last edited by Yac; 06-07-2006 at 02:39 AM..

Old 06-06-2006, 08:28 AM

3 posts, read 6,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bound4NC
The 2000 crime stats were great for Matthews, but the 2004 aren't. I wonder what happen?
Large influx of illegal aliens into the state. Easy to get driver license is the magnet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina