Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 05:45 PM

336 posts, read 513,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tismekll
KB homes in Arizona are NOT known for their quality and they charge extra for every little item.
KB homes had a bad quality reputation in Texas also when I was looking. Many people told me not to buy a KB home when I was there.

I haven't heard much about them from people around Charlotte. The homes in the 2 KB developments I have looked at around Charlotte had good looking models, but the 2 inventory homes I toured both needed multiple things touched up or fixed before I would have considered buying one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2006, 06:30 PM

105 posts, read 622,339 times
I read a post that West of Charlotte is not a good area. Is North, South, East or West better as far as good safe neighborhoods?? I'm looking at Kings Mountain or Gastonia to locate my business, are they decent areas? How is the commute into Charlotte?

Old 06-01-2006, 06:31 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,214,223 times
$80 per sq ft... wow that's cheap!! i wish they were that cheap in fla!! in fla it's probably twice tha or more!! yikes.

Old 06-01-2006, 07:08 PM

$275-300 a sq ft here in Jacksonville Beach

Old 06-01-2006, 07:27 PM

26 posts, read 82,460 times
Thumbs up Ashe County

Here around West Jefferson (small mountain community - 1,000+ residents, doubles with summer residents) real estate costs seem to run around $100/sq ft or less..... scenery and privacy are priceless

Old 06-01-2006, 09:45 PM

2,187 posts, read 8,008,315 times
I will have to agree about the KB homes here in CA. Known for their LACK of quality. Everything from the front door to the fireplace is an upgrade. There are 100's upon 100's of lawsuits against them. We stayed clear of them here and won't chance our luck there! I hope that John wieland is in a different class!

Old 06-01-2006, 09:47 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,591,207 times
Again... national buildiers= low quality homes. Custom builders are by far the best, but local buildiers are better than national ones. in Raleigh. St Lawrence homes is probably the best local builder, but there are tons of custom builders in the area too that build you the exact home you want, with the best quality.

Old 06-01-2006, 10:45 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,214,223 times
weloveantiques, we would love to someday live in jax bch... i'd trade you our home in the mtns of nc for your jax beach house anyday, the only problem is we rent!!!

as far as gastonia goes, i'd stay away... just my opinion... like i said i live in the mtns but i have been through gastonia on the way to charlotte...
think of it as... well i dunno... maybe someone can help me out. it's kinda...it's a trashy hick town. there, i have said it...

sorry if i offended anyone... dont be mad at me okay???

Old 06-02-2006, 05:48 AM

That must be why I feel drawn to it!!! I guess picking a place over the internet is harder than I thought! We like the older houses, built in the 1940s or 50's they seem to be built better, and they usually have a bit larger yard. Seems like alot of the folks on here are looking for a hick town... I hate to get you in trouble but can you elaborate on the trashy part...do you mean dirty town or dirty people? So I assume it is a poor, run down area? Thanks!

Old 06-02-2006, 06:08 AM

787 posts, read 3,583,643 times
I live in what a lot of people would consider a hick town. We are definitely rural. We have no hospital but we do have medical centers. No walmart, no bowling alley, no theater, etc. What we do have is a lot of people whose families have been here generations mine included. There are three generations of my family here now and about 10 more that were here since 1799. Yes we are economically poor. What we lack in conveniences we make up for in resourcefulness and a sense of being who we are without having to become anything else except someone from a small town. I can't really imagine living anywhere else. But I know there are a lot of other things to be said for the larger places. I do see them once in a while. LOL
I really have to say I can't imagine taking the internet and attempting to find a place to relocate to without any other ties to the place except for employment. My hat is off to those of you that do it and I hope that the area you find is what you dreamed of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina