U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-03-2007, 04:05 PM

11 posts, read 53,581 times
Default Best area/town in North Carolina?

What would you say is the best area in North Carolina? And what are your reasons?

My family is thinking about moving to North Carolina from Long Island. We're looking for less crowds, but still close to shopping and attractions. We also are used to being near the water but we wouldn't mind not being near it.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2007, 05:39 PM

90 posts, read 234,582 times
Check Out Currituck Nc Nice Area Minutes From Beach And Min From Va. I Live In The Town Of Grandy Nc 27939 The Schools Are Great And The People Are Very Nice. The Outer Banks Beaches Are Only 15 Min Away From Me And Unlike Long Island You Can Actually Get Parking For The Beach And Not Pay !!!! They Have Several All Along The Beach Road. And Our Taxes Are Great!!!! Only .32 Per Hundred Can't Beat That!!!!! Good Luck

Old 02-03-2007, 05:50 PM

1,418 posts, read 4,867,473 times
There are many very nice areas of NC. You have large metros, small metros, small towns, retirement areas. Tell us what you're looking for specificaly, and we can be more helpful!

Old 02-04-2007, 05:47 PM

62 posts, read 225,359 times
Smile NC - a great place to live

I agree with the previous post. Without knowing more information about what specifically you might be looking for makes it a little difficult to recommend one area over another.
I relocated here from Florida after much deliberation. I find that NC has such a diversity - large cities mixed with quaint cities and towns, beaches and mountains.
I would suggest staying closer to a metro area though if employment may be a large consideration. Likely it is as with most of us so I would suggest you look toward the potential employment first and let your search radiate from there.
Good luck.

Old 05-03-2009, 10:44 AM

2 posts, read 18,191 times
I am relocating from Florida, and my family and I are think of Clemmons, Kernersville, Lewisville, and Lexington... Can someone help me with the best location for family with kids, somewhere safe and family friendly? Also which neighborhoods would you suggest.... Thanks...

Old 05-03-2009, 12:18 PM

43,739 posts, read 53,292,302 times
Go wherever you are lucky enough to find a job.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:38 PM

1 posts, read 17,019 times
I'm in the Navy Reserved and i will like to relocate from Brooklyn, Ny to NC i have been looking at Mint Hill and Matthews i'm not to sure about the Towns or Neighborhoods but i know i will like something in the suburbs so i can raise my son ... I will like your advice on this diffcult situation ..Thank you

Old 05-05-2009, 11:17 AM

1,982 posts, read 2,874,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badmama View Post
I am relocating from Florida, and my family and I are think of Clemmons, Kernersville, Lewisville, and Lexington... Can someone help me with the best location for family with kids, somewhere safe and family friendly? Also which neighborhoods would you suggest.... Thanks...
Lexington is a nice, family-friendly town, but I'm not sure about the schools. I think Clemmons, Lewisville, and Kernersville are all great choices.

If you're already focused on these communities, you probably ought to start your own topic in the Triad sub-forum... or do a lot of searching in the existing topics. There's already a LOT of great information there.

Old 05-05-2009, 11:20 AM

1,982 posts, read 2,874,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole001 View Post
I'm in the Navy Reserved and i will like to relocate from Brooklyn, Ny to NC i have been looking at Mint Hill and Matthews i'm not to sure about the Towns or Neighborhoods but i know i will like something in the suburbs so i can raise my son ... I will like your advice on this diffcult situation ..Thank you
Check out the Charlotte sub-forum for lots of existing information on Matthews and Mint Hill.

Old 03-05-2012, 03:41 PM

1 posts, read 6,425 times
I am looking to move out to nc from ny with my roomate we are both in our young twenties and have no clue where to start looking, we are looking for a apartment in a very busy part of town
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina