Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2008, 11:16 PM

758 posts, read 2,287,617 times

Advertisements

Hi! We've been "socked in" with our remodel, are now in the furniture-finding stage. Does anyone know which stores in Hickory and High Point have French Country style furniture right now? We are looking, for example, for a complete dining room set, and some bedroom and living room pieces besides. Since there are so many stores in those towns, I am hoping that a few of you might be familiar with their current inventory and be able to help us narrow the field before we set out to visit there this week. At least we'd know which stores to call that you think might carry the French Country line....

Any help will be much appreciated!

Jan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2008, 07:14 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times
Hi, Parkies! It would really help if you had some idea about manufacturer. Have you seen any ads in magazines, for ex., that carried lines you found appealing?

If you knew what manufacturers, then I know many of us could direct you to various places to get good prices.

Old 09-15-2008, 07:21 PM

Thank you, anifani821! We are not limited to a particular manufacturer--we'd consider them all--but I can tell you that we've loved Ethan Allen's "Maison" collection and have purchased some of it. However, E.A. does not have an oval dining room set, and that's one of the sets we need. So we're looking for a French Country-style dining room set in any manufacturer other than Ethan Allen.

Does that help?

Jan

Old 09-15-2008, 07:44 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times
Im trying to put one and the other together and if I am close let me know
In hickory and near HP you can find the Thomasville line.

Is this close?
Luminé Dining Room Furniture

This is another one that can be found at Hickory Furniture Mart
http://www.lexington.com/col_longcove.cfm (broken link)

also check out the Bob Timberlake line he tends to do more of a country motif
Bob Timberlake | Bob Timberlake Furniture Collections

Old 09-16-2008, 07:03 AM

4,218 posts, read 8,529,042 times
Here’s a furniture store listing from the High Point CVB: http://www3.highpoint.org/scripts/t3cgi.exe/cvbdb/shop.taf?_function=list&_UserReference=952E4494A09 C7D0B48CFAD53
Furnitureland South is probably the biggest retailer in the High Point area.

Here’s a link to furniture resources on the Hickory CVB web site: Hickory, North Carolina - Everything to make a house a home. (http://www.hickorymetro.com/furniture.asp#furniture - broken link)

Boyles, one of the largest retailers in NC, is based in Hickory, but has a retail location in High Point too.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:17 AM

4,218 posts, read 8,529,042 times
Also... if you're going to Hickory, you must also check out US Highway 321 between Hickory and Lenoir. It's called 20 Miles of Furniture

Old 09-18-2008, 10:09 PM

451 posts, read 1,565,392 times
You might want to wait till after the furniture market which is in October, because the furniture companies have after market sales. You can watch the local Hickory and even Lenoir papers, because some of the sales are right out of the factories. My daughter is a designer for Thomasville in HighPoint. I will check with her to see if they will be having any after market sales. Parkies, I lost you because they moved your post or I would have told you sooner.

Old 09-20-2008, 10:52 AM

Many thanks to you all! I've been off forum and out of the house while they were painting and tearing down wallpaper. (Yuk.) Soon I will look into all the links and suggestions you've so kindly offered me. You're the best!

Jan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina