Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 12:22 PM

105 posts, read 202,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
LOL - MEBO? Sorry - not familiar w/ that term. Mountain Estate, By Owner???

Muddy Erosion Beside Outhouse?

i just want a lot of land
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4dakota View Post
i just want a lot of land
any places near that TN boarder that I could buy land cheap?

Old 10-27-2008, 02:19 PM

2,445 posts, read 7,423,352 times
What is your budget? That can help us point you in the right area.

Re: TN land - Someone here may know but you'll probably have to ask in their forum.

Old 10-27-2008, 08:29 PM

360 posts, read 718,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCgirl View Post
What is your budget? That can help us point you in the right area.

Re: TN land - Someone here may know but you'll probably have to ask in their forum.
TN land is about the same price as it is in NC, plus they eat you alive with the sales tax of 9.5% .

Much of the TN/NC border is part of national parks. Everything outside of that is in a metro area....Tri-Cities in the North, Asheville around the middle and Chattanooga to the South.

Old 10-28-2008, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gard View Post
TN land is about the same price as it is in NC, plus they eat you alive with the sales tax of 9.5% .

Much of the TN/NC border is part of national parks. Everything outside of that is in a metro area....Tri-Cities in the North, Asheville around the middle and Chattanooga to the South.

see i'm looking anywhere in NC but more to the north and west if possible. I want a city near by (an hour and a half mabey) but I want alot of land. I'm looking to spend no more then 450k i'd like 25 or more acres.

Old 10-28-2008, 12:13 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,359,138 times
Quote:
see i'm looking anywhere in NC but more to the north and west if possible. I want a city near by (an hour and a half mabey) but I want alot of land. I'm looking to spend no more then 450k i'd like 25 or more acres.
I highly recommend you look north of Asheville up I26, just over the state line in Tennessee, gorgeous area, cheaper land and easy access back to Asheville in less than an hour

Old 10-29-2008, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I highly recommend you look north of Asheville up I26, just over the state line in Tennessee, gorgeous area, cheaper land and easy access back to Asheville in less than an hour

i was hoping to be within an hour and a half of a bigger city like charlotte

Old 10-29-2008, 01:02 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,359,138 times
Quote:
i was hoping to be within an hour and a half of a bigger city like charlotte
Well, in that case don't even look in the mountains as Asheville is the biggest city in all western NC. You could check out areas north of Charlotte around Iredell county (Statesville) or west of Charlotte in Cleveland County (Boiling Springs, Kings Mountain). In addition, I like Catawba County and the great little town of Conover

Old 02-26-2010, 04:09 AM

Default Anything near lake norman?

what would be the best place to buy a good amount of property thats not outrageous but decently close to lake norman.

Old 02-27-2010, 12:29 PM

72 posts, read 184,023 times
Just saw this post and we too live in FL and are looking to move to NC. We like the area in Davie or Davidson County. Check in these areas because I think from digging around on the net that they are pretty close to High Rock Lake which looks to be a nice lake and also in a good proximity to Winston-Salem/Greensboro which might fit your big town needs. Land seems pretty reasonable too compared to FL prices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina