U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 07:59 PM

232 posts, read 473,873 times
hi, we moved from the North Shore. It's so nice here...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2006, 08:18 PM

I used to have a hell commute from 128 North all the way to Marlboro either down 495 or Mass Pike, Boy I don't miss that at all.

Although, I do miss RED SOX, Great italian Food, seafood- and the coastline. I miss the culture of the city back home. I miss having 4th of july parades, and other things ..Topsfield Fair etc.

Old 06-05-2006, 08:24 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,226 posts, read 4,487,608 times
well I plan to have at least one Lobster roll in Glouscter before I go

Old 06-05-2006, 08:25 PM

192 posts, read 421,089 times
Quote:
miss...seafood- and the coastline
we've got those! just gotta visit the coast might interest you to know that although the national seafood exchange is in baltimore, md & the bulk of the seafood sold there, goes up north... but the seafood that is sold there, is trucked there daily...and a vast portion of it trucks up from NC!

Old 06-05-2006, 08:26 PM

sadly no lobster though one of my favs

Old 06-05-2006, 08:30 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,226 posts, read 4,487,608 times
oh wow- i'm tasting a great lobster roll at a great little deli in Gloucester (north shore sea town- film the "Perfect Storm" movie there). It's actually a depressing town as it's largely based on fishery which has just decreased a lot. But darn it, nothing beats a fresh lobster roll, man, I've paid $20 for one and enjoyed every bite!

Hey don't get me wrong a lobster roll along won't keep me here

Old 06-05-2006, 08:34 PM

sorry luckydog, but I hate to tell you- I used to get my seafood fresh off the trucks from Gloucester Ma. They would deliver the fish to the local markets and grocery store. I lived in the north shore and the fish came right in off the boats practically. As far as the coastline, I could walk to see it- or I could drive 15 minutes up the road to see beautiful shore lines....you don't have that access here in WAXHAW!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-05-2006, 08:36 PM

Why aren't you all watching the Red Sox vs. Yankee's tonight?

Old 06-05-2006, 08:40 PM

2,477 posts, read 5,839,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069
oh wow- i'm tasting a great lobster roll at a great little deli in Gloucester (north shore sea town- film the "Perfect Storm" movie there). It's actually a depressing town as it's largely based on fishery which has just decreased a lot. But darn it, nothing beats a fresh lobster roll, man, I've paid $20 for one and enjoyed every bite!

Hey don't get me wrong a lobster roll along won't keep me here

If I can give up fish tacos...than you can give up your lobster rolls

Old 06-05-2006, 08:40 PM

Quote:
sorry luckydog, but I hate to tell you- I used to get my seafood fresh off the trucks from Gloucester Ma. They would deliver the fish to the local markets and grocery store. I lived in the north shore and the fish came right in off the boats practically. As far as the coastline, I could walk to see it- or I could drive 15 minutes up the road to see beautiful shore lines....you don't have that access here in WAXHAW!!!!!!!!!!

like i said gotta visit our coast for it...i know you'll be missing out in waxhaw! just wanted you to know it's here, if you get a hankering to drive.

I grew up on the NC coast--5 miles from the water & had fresh seafood almost every day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina