U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 12:44 PM

9 posts, read 18,363 times

Advertisements

I think the Minutemen should change their name to the Migrator's because everyone is leaving Mass! (me included)... My wife and I are flying into Charlotte on Thursday night. We don't really have much of an agenda except for visiting the area and checking out the thinks that have been discussed on this board. We live a few minutes south of Boston now and can't wait to relocate. Post your "Mass" to the "Carolinas" success story here and wish me luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2006, 12:48 PM

5,661 posts, read 24,631,056 times
How did you settle on the Charlotte area for the Look-See? Employment?

Old 06-05-2006, 01:38 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,769 posts, read 6,752,174 times
Billz, we did the same thing you're doing. My wife and spent a week in Charlotte in Feb. Booked a few tickets, picked a decent hotel from one of the major travel sites, and just started driving around. Fortunately we had the fortune of knowing a couple people in Charlotte but for the most part we just drove around. We stayed in Huntersville, only because I had coupons for the Red Roof Inn (lol). It worked out because we saw a bunch of models there to kind of kick start stuff. We also worked with a realtor the other days (I know most here seem to like to do their own exploring, which is cool too). I actually liked the realtor because we told her what we wanted, our parameters and pretty much she showed us everything we wanted to see and even some places we didn't want to see (meaning just to low in price).

We then did a few night things in uptown Charlotte such as the circus and just walking around. It was fun. We also went to South Lake Mall (I think that's what it was called) and that was nice...Just overall nice to be in Charlotte in Feb. and catch a few 70 degree days (we're coming from Woburn,MA).

Anyway I'm flying down wed. to do the walk through with my builder and just walk through the model home (can't do that enough - LOL).

Best of luck!

Old 06-05-2006, 01:45 PM

9 posts, read 18,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm34b
How did you settle on the Charlotte area for the Look-See? Employment?
I actually have a bunch of former coworkers that are now living in Charlotte (job relocation) and I am tempted enough to follow them that my family is going down there to have a real look around. I am not a New Englander by birth, I spent the first 19 years of my life in southern Missouri, so I am well versed in mild winters, long springs and fall, and am used to 90-plus degree days with terrible humidity...

Old 06-05-2006, 01:48 PM

5,661 posts, read 24,631,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billzfan
I actually have a bunch of former coworkers that are now living in Charlotte (job relocation) and I am tempted enough to follow them that my family is going down there to have a real look around. I am not a New Englander by birth, I spent the first 19 years of my life in southern Missouri, so I am well versed in mild winters, long springs and fall, and am used to 90-plus degree days with terrible humidity...
Sounds good to me! Have a nice visit.

Old 06-05-2006, 02:34 PM

543 posts, read 1,633,122 times
We had some friends that got transferred there a couple of years ago.

We went to visit a few times and loved the area and also the fact that it was 65 in January. We started looking into it and here we are, 21 days away from stumblin into our new Huntersville location. We're moving from central Mass.

Mark

Old 06-05-2006, 06:47 PM

5,265 posts, read 14,872,762 times
Everything you guys have said is true and I hope you make your move a success. Just one thing, that 65 degree day in January is about as common as a 50 degree day in January in New England. lol. It's definitely warmER here in NC durring witner, but most of the time it isn't what you would consider "Warm". Lows are usually in the 20's or 30's (don't think it's gotten into the teens more than a few times since I've lived here), and highs in the upper 30's, and 40's.

Old 06-05-2006, 06:52 PM

543 posts, read 1,633,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i'minformed
Everything you guys have said is true and I hope you make your move a success. Just one thing, that 65 degree day in January is about as common as a 50 degree day in January in New England. lol. It's definitely warmER here in NC durring witner, but most of the time it isn't what you would consider "Warm". Lows are usually in the 20's or 30's (don't think it's gotten into the teens more than a few times since I've lived here), and highs in the upper 30's, and 40's.

True, but the cold doesn't last 7 months either!

Old 06-05-2006, 07:51 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,892,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i'minformed

I'm gonna freeze my butt off.

Old 06-05-2006, 07:58 PM

5,265 posts, read 14,872,762 times
Weren't you originaly from NJ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina