U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 04:52 PM

1,874 posts, read 6,878,538 times

Advertisements

Az folks have you found that it has gotten more humid than it used to be there? We live in SO Cal but due to all the planned building (homes with lawns that are watered) golf courses with lawns that are watered etc. That it is putting more moisture in the air and thus our once entirely dry climate has become more humid. There was an article in a So Cal paper about the Palm Springs area experiencing this same thing. The once extrmemly dry heat is not so dry anymore. Since you have mentioned the huge influx of growth I am curious if AZ is also experiencing more humidity?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2006, 05:06 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,888,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tismekll
Snowy Buffalo. My sister is just outside of the Buffalo area..Holland..and she would like to get out of there also. It is becoming to difficult for her with the snow. It is my intent that when I get settled wherever, she will have a new place to call home.

My sister in law that lives here in Az married a guy form Buffalo, he's been here since 1988. He has a hugh family still there. Last name is Busch.
I was born in the Bronx and moved to the Hudson Valley when I was 7. Walden to be exact Newburgh (YUK)would be the bigger city closer to that. I lived about 5 miles from the Orange County Chopper people.

Old 06-07-2006, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKD
Az folks have you found that it has gotten more humid than it used to be there? We live in SO Cal but due to all the planned building (homes with lawns that are watered) golf courses with lawns that are watered etc. That it is putting more moisture in the air and thus our once entirely dry climate has become more humid. There was an article in a So Cal paper about the Palm Springs area experiencing this same thing. The once extrmemly dry heat is not so dry anymore. Since you have mentioned the huge influx of growth I am curious if AZ is also experiencing more humidity?
Hmmm............. I haven't really noticed a change in the humidity here. I can say our air is horrible. I'll let you know as we get closer to the Summer. August is our humid month but other than that I don't think so. Others may say different.

Old 06-07-2006, 05:13 PM

212 posts, read 847,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700
My sister in law that lives here in Az married a guy form Buffalo, he's been here since 1988. He has a hugh family still there. Last name is Busch.
I was born in the Bronx and moved to the Hudson Valley when I was 7. Walden to be exact Newburgh (YUK)would be the bigger city closer to that. I lived about 5 miles from the Orange County Chopper people.
Doesn't surprise me that he still has a large family back there. No one that I know has chosen to move on from there either. Maybe that is good but it has become a tough area to live in with taxes and jobs.

Old 06-07-2006, 05:15 PM

Quote:
No humidity changes. I do think it is hotter now with all of the growth (concrete, blacktop, buildings, less green agricultural areas) and we get much less rain than we use to.

Old 06-07-2006, 05:19 PM

5,265 posts, read 14,862,324 times
The most irritating thing of it all is that Buffalo and espeically Rochester would be thriving ecomomically if they weren't in New York State. The only thing holding them back is their taxes. Rochester was ressilient enough to avoid the troubles seen by Buffalo and Syraucse in the 70's 80's and 90's but just can't attract enough new businesses with the high taxes. New York State gets a new governer this year though so who knows what could happen? That state should seriously be split in too for the better of both halves. I want to take a little peice of Raleigh's booming economy back with me to upstate ny when I move.

Old 06-07-2006, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tismekll
No humidity changes. I do think it is hotter now with all of the growth (concrete, blacktop, buildings, less green agricultural areas) and we get much less rain than we use to.
Did you get that big storm today? Central Phx got pounded, uprooted some trees and a house got hit by lightning. I got a little but I'm kind of lucky in my little corner. Scottsdale is just North of me and gets pounded. I got stuck in the big dust storm yesterday though.

Old 06-07-2006, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700
Did you get that big storm today? Central Phx got pounded, uprooted some trees and a house got hit by lightning. I got a little but I'm kind of lucky in my little corner. Scottsdale is just North of me and gets pounded. I got stuck in the big dust storm yesterday though.
Lots of wind and dust, very little rain or lightning. The dust storm yesterday was much worse..it even made the CNN news!

Old 06-08-2006, 10:05 AM

35 posts, read 182,663 times
We are looking into NC and Colorado from Phoenix..We have been to the Raleigh area 2x. My husband is wondering what types of jobs all the people are getting relocating to the Raleigh area. He noticed that the pay is not very high..although it isnt high in Phoenix either. He is currently a self employed home inspector which is slowing down a bit. He also was a maintenance engineer in the Sahara in Vegas for years. But this was a union job and paid very well. He is just concerned about finding a job. Ive been doing searches for him but Im not finding anything with a decent pay..I know that the cost of homes is much less expensive than Phoenix. but without a job, it will be a difficult move.

Old 06-08-2006, 10:26 AM

1,735 posts, read 4,218,721 times
Quote:
Iíve noticed an increase in humidity in CA in the last 10 years. I tracked the temp and humidity in Orange County, CA to Charlotte, NC last summer and found that on clear days Charlotte was either the same humidity or just slightly higher and the same temp or within 5* + -.
On rainy days the humidity was obviously higher, but the temp was usually lower. It didnít rain in CA during so the humidity was fairly consistant.

The main difference was in the evening numbers. In NC the temp was usually @ 5 to 10 deg. higher than CA. Night temps were @ 75 in NC and @ 68 in CA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina