Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 08:43 AM

146 posts, read 638,586 times

Advertisements

Need some help. I am having a house built in Wesley Chapel this summer and would like to know where to buy my furniture. Is it better to look at the established name companies in the Thomasville/High Point areas? Or should I stay local, near Charlotte. Positve and negative opinions are most welcome. THANKS to all in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2006, 10:31 AM

26 posts, read 82,453 times
what about 2ndhand shops - I've seen some really nice stuff that only needed refinishing, and at some good prices

Old 06-06-2006, 10:57 PM

9 posts, read 47,224 times
Default 2nd Hand Shops

I am a fanatic of second hand shop and yard/garage sales

I got great stuff in New York and Connecticut.

Where are all these stores around winston salem?

any word on yard sales? Are they published in any paper?

Thank you

Old 06-06-2006, 11:05 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,828,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bundydad
Need some help. I am having a house built in Wesley Chapel this summer and would like to know where to buy my furniture. Is it better to look at the established name companies in the Thomasville/High Point areas? Or should I stay local, near Charlotte. Positve and negative opinions are most welcome. THANKS to all in advance.
Check out the Hickory furniture mart on line. Haven't been their but can hardly wait to go. As for Thomasville, they do have 3 outlet stores all located in NC. Thomasville also has 40 and 50% off sales. They just had one and the next one maybe around Oct/Nov. Keep your eye on that one. That is where I bought my bed from and I waited patiently for the sale.

Old 06-07-2006, 09:58 PM

Since our house hasn't sold in Cali now I am going to miss the July Hickory Furniture Clearance! I better be thier for the Labor Day Sale.

Old 06-07-2006, 10:03 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,471,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarnancy
Since our house hasn't sold in Cali now I am going to miss the July Hickory Furniture Clearance! I better be thier for the Labor Day Sale.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I ordered my catalog today.

Old 06-07-2006, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700
I am going to have a mix of new and antique. The Antiquing is great out there.

Old 03-18-2007, 07:02 PM

1 posts, read 12,347 times
Default catalog?

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700 View Post
I'll be moving in 6 months and don't know much about NC outlet shopping. Any suggestions on how to get prepared? Where to get information, etc? When the sales are? What is the catalog you referred to? thax for the help.

Old 03-19-2007, 02:01 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times
Default Furniture spots

I agree with another poster you can find some great deals when Thomasville has a good sale. There is a few outlet stores in thomasville high point area. I know of a great friendly helpful sales lady at the outlet store in downtown thomasville if your interested.

Also base on your location if you like Bombay Furniture they have outlet store in South carolina in Gaffney. Most same prices as the outlet website but the convience of picking the items up instead of paying the shipping costs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bundydad View Post

Old 03-20-2007, 01:05 AM

473 posts, read 1,578,721 times
Red face Furniture stores...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bundydad View Post
I would go for the outlet stores the others recommended or look into Direct Buy, depending on how much you are buying... I don't find High Point to have good prices for furniture at all myself, and can do so much better through DB...

I've heard a lot of praise about Value City Furniture but I've never bought anything from them. I do like American Signature Home and they carry it. Just look for quality...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina