Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 12:02 PM

85 posts, read 287,511 times

Advertisements

Let me start by saying no matter where we move I promise we will never say "That's not how we do it up North" Thanks in advance for all of your help

Originally my family and I were looking in GA but have now decided that S/N Carolina or FLA might suit our needs better. I am hoping that residents (born and raised or transplants) and also Agents might share their suggestions...
Here it is:
Due to medical reasons my family needs a warm climate. My family consists of my husband, myself and my retired parents. Money is not an issue so all input and areas are welcome. We are looking for the following:
1.Warm Climate with no snow (or very little)
2. A lot of land 4+ acres where we will not be on top of our neighbors. If they have a barking dog we don't want to know Lived too long like that and we need some peace and quiet.
3. Waterfront if possible (Lake, River) that would be ideal. But not a deal breaker.
4.Good school district. We are starting a family.
5. Area where my husband can commute to work (in a city I guess)
6. I am a Yoga Teacher with a very successful business and will want to relocate it to an area that is health conscious and open to a place like that.
7. Possibility of two homes on the property, either already built or renovate an already existing structure. Again not a deal breaker.

If any areas jump out as being able to suit some or all of these needs I would greatly appreciate the help. Thanks again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2007, 01:28 PM

I just want to clarify that when I said $$$ was not an issue I meant that land and houses up to and around $1-1.5 mil would be fine but $16 mil estates not so fine

Also it is not set in stone that we have to be on the water, even a lot of beautiful land would be fine.
Thanks for all the feedback so far. Very helpful and informative! Keep it coming

Old 02-15-2007, 04:33 PM

1,394 posts, read 4,171,318 times
Make sure you all follow the rules with advertising, if you do not know, it is posted at the top of the page, so please follow our rules.
We have a section called Classified Ads it is for personal use, not for realtors, sorry. Thank you so much, have a great day. Yorkie

Old 02-15-2007, 06:39 PM

Default ???

Yorkie Mom,
I am truly confused... When did I advertise? I absolutely will follow all the rules but I wasn't aware I broke one??? Please clarify. Thanks

Old 02-15-2007, 06:53 PM

1 posts, read 2,762 times
Yogini, It wasnt you it was me. She thinks that I am advertising and she keeps going behind me and deleting all my postings.

Old 02-15-2007, 07:01 PM

33 posts, read 132,083 times
Your comment about yoga and a health conscious community should point you in the direction of Asheville NC.

I live outside of there because I wanted a really small town atmosphere, but you'll find a lot to like in the Asheville area and I think the Buncombe County schools are probably up to your standards.

There might be too much snow for your taste. Health care, however, is top notch. The largest employer in Asheville is Mission St. Joseph's Hospital.

Old 02-15-2007, 07:19 PM

LakeGuy,
We had considered Asheville but you are right about the snow. We are coming from NY and decided when we moved not only for the medical reasons but also for our comfort it would include getting away from the snow. I'd love to find a place just as into Health and Fitness as the residents of Asheville seem to be but just a bit more warm in climate. Thanks

Old 02-15-2007, 07:23 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,834,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferBerl View Post
Yogini, It wasnt you it was me. She thinks that I am advertising and she keeps going behind me and deleting all my postings.
You need to be a little more subtle....

Old 02-15-2007, 08:40 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,282,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogini View Post
5. Area where my husband can commute to work (in a city I guess)
What type of work does your husband do? Depending on what field he is in, some NC cities will have more to offer than others with regards to his employment.

Old 02-15-2007, 08:44 PM

Underwriter, but I think at this point he would be happy with any white collar job that pays well... That's not too much to ask for considering that's what most of the country is looking for, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina