Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 12:38 PM

787 posts, read 3,573,267 times

Advertisements

My husband and two women came through the house screaming for me to call an ambulance stating that a young man had been the victim of a hit and run. I did that and got out there were he was and while he was amazingly coherent all considered, I am worried that he either has severe head injuries or lung involvment. So much for the quiet place this normally is. The helicoptered him out of here just a few minutes ago and now we are waiting for the detectives to come and do their thing. If they don't hurry up and get here, this car could be to Virginia before they get here or South Carolina I guess since that is more the direction he was heading in. I don't understand what gets into some people. Well, that is my excitement for the day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2006, 12:46 PM

1,736 posts, read 4,727,703 times
Did anyone witness the accident?

Old 06-07-2006, 12:47 PM

192 posts, read 652,343 times
Yikes! unusual for your area, isn't it?...

and I'd think, not only obviously traumatizing for the victim, but for those of you who were there.

Old 06-07-2006, 01:02 PM

Very unusual for my area. Yes, there are three witness, my husband and the two women. I was in the house when it happened and saw nothing until it was over with. One of the women will make an excellent witness. She not only got the color and body type of the car but make and model of the car as well. Me I would be mumbling something about a burgandy car. The man is not is really good shape and the bad part is that he was so combative that I don't know that he hasn't added to his injuries. It is very traumatizing for me. I had a four year old killed by a speeding car in 1982. This is the second time since Benjamin's death that I have been on the scene at a similar accident. The first time was in Johnston County in 1990 when a 5 year old was hit by a passing car. He survived.

Old 06-07-2006, 01:20 PM

((((hugs)))) I remember now...oh goodness, my heart breaks for you. I wish I could do, or say, something to help...or were close enough by, to offer you a afternoon on the porch swing, chatting & swigging tea, to divert your attention....glad you are here doing so.... Some things are never meant to get easier, I suppose, but I think that sometimes diversions are a blessing. Too bad, as we'd have a good time swinging our legs, & swapping hurricane stories, & laughing about our Mayberry characters & small town life, no? ...course you'd probably be happier inside, as to actually breath easier, but it would be fun anywhere! You'll have to settle for a cyberhug & a warm, smiling sincere "I"m thinking of you"....

Old 06-07-2006, 01:21 PM

1,736 posts, read 4,727,703 times
Sorry to hear of your loss.
I understand how traumatizing seeing someone struck and killed by a car can be. My brother was struck and killed in front of me when I was 11. You never get over it.

Old 06-07-2006, 01:26 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,185,661 times
Default sorry

sorry to hear about your losses.

Old 06-07-2006, 01:30 PM

Thanks guys. I am tough. I am a survivor. Otherwise I would have been nuts a long time ago. Like some use to say I have seen things that no woman should see. This is just one of them. You come in, get out of the clothing and move on. What choice do you have. I just wish I had known this young man. I would have called his family. As it is he is in Greenville and I don't know if they have called his next of kin or what. I thought about calling the hospital to see if they would at least assure me that he was still alive. But maybe it is better this way. I will probably see it in the paper next week anyway. But you would be shocked by how many people have called here to get the gory details. And I am not on to repeat the same thing over and over again. Particularly when I know the caller is just being nosy. I hate to say it but this is a trademark of this area too. Well, let me grab out my hurricane map and see how good I am this year and figuring out where the first storm will come from and when.

Old 06-08-2006, 04:24 PM

I was just going to tell those of you that responded that apparently this was no ordinary hit and run accident. The driver and victim knew each other and she was attempting to kill him. I just wish she had found somewhere besides in front of my house to do it. Anyway they had her in custody before 5 PM yesterday.

Old 06-08-2006, 05:33 PM

Good Gravy! Any further word on his condition? As far as doing in front of your house...

You know I can't help but think...if people understood the ramifications of their actions, beyond themselves, they wouldn't do half the stuff they do. I've always thought that actions are like ripples in a pond...

Last edited by luckydog; 06-08-2006 at 05:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
View detailed profiles of: