Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2007, 08:26 PM

8 posts, read 18,379 times

Advertisements

I am in my 30s, single and thinking about moving to NC. I was originally thinking Charlotte, but I'm still looking for a job. I've been considering Roanoke Rapids, Hickory, Greenville, and Morganton. Obviously, these cities are not as big as Charlotte, but I wanted to get some thoughts on the areas. Is there enough to do in those cities? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2007, 10:32 AM

57 posts, read 160,305 times
hey just get your butt here you will find a job for sure. stay out of the cities they are not as good as many think lots of draw backs (to many people,crime is high) suburbs are real good rural is not as rural as it was 5 years ago. hickory lots of future growth good area.

Old 03-01-2007, 11:01 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacy1975 View Post
I am in my 30s, single and thinking about moving to NC. I was originally thinking Charlotte, but I'm still looking for a job. I've been considering Roanoke Rapids, Hickory, Greenville, and Morganton. Obviously, these cities are not as big as Charlotte, but I wanted to get some thoughts on the areas. Is there enough to do in those cities? Thanks
Stacy it really depends on what kind of job you are looking for. Many people might prefer to live in areas other than Charlotte or Raleigh, but that's where the best highest paying jobs generally are. Those other communities are all nice small towns to live in, IF you can find a job in them.

Old 03-01-2007, 07:59 PM

73 posts, read 308,816 times
Default From Hickory Nc

Hello Stacy,
I live in the Hickory area, and it is a great place to be. Our city is not as large as Charlotte, but is still a nice size city. We are not over populated, and the traffic is not a nightmare. There are lot's of opportunities here. Good Luck on your search.

Old 03-02-2007, 09:55 AM

8 posts, read 18,379 times
Default Thanks

Thanks for the info. I have a phone interview later today in Morganton and was looking up info on Hickory. Hickory looks like it would be a nice place to live and not too far from a bigger city.

Old 03-02-2007, 10:08 AM

1,242 posts, read 3,758,918 times
Stacy,
We retired and moved to this area two years ago. Hickory has an ideal location. We are triangulated by three airports all about one hour distant with the best year around weather pattern east of California. No snow in the winter but with ski resorts one hour away. Gets hot in the summer.......take a picnic lunch to the mountains.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina