U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-07-2008, 07:55 AM

60 posts, read 97,404 times

Advertisements

I don't know where to begin. I just moved to Statesville and I've been told that some of the apartments are low income. I was also told that I don't qualify to live in some of these apartments because I make too much.

How much is too much for these low income families?

Why is it that they quote you one price and then raise it when you add another adult to the equation?

What are the rules and rights do new tenants have?

Where can I go for answers to such questions?

Need some help please...I think my landlord is trying to kick me out. I must've ticked someone off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 08:56 AM

7,042 posts, read 8,919,892 times
Read your lease thoroughly. Statesville is a very small town. They can pretty much do what they want. (the police/attorneys will not do anything for you if you are not a native)

See if you can rent a house. Many homes are cheap to rent in Statesville. Good Luck!

Old 11-07-2008, 07:50 PM

3,572 posts, read 9,503,717 times
"...Statesville is a very small town. They can pretty much do what they want. (the police/attorneys will not do anything for you if you are not a native)...." How silly!

If you told your landlord that you alone were moving in, and you then had another adult, s/he is well within rights to amend the terms and even ask you to vacate - you violated the lease! Social Services can help with Section 8, but not everyone accepts this. Good luck to you - Statesville is a great town - I'm NOT a native and have been here for ~30 years.

Old 11-09-2008, 08:32 AM

60 posts, read 97,404 times
Thanks for the feedback. Can I lose my deposit if they state that I violated my lease? I like Statesville and hope we could stay.

Old 11-17-2008, 12:46 PM

6 posts, read 14,187 times
Yes, if you violated your lease you can lose your deposit - I would imagine this is everywhere as a lease is a legal contract. I'm in CT and thats how it is here. They may even be able to hold you liable for the cost on the remainder of your lease.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina