Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 03:19 AM

1,456 posts, read 4,142,116 times

Advertisements

I am finding the website for the NC ESC surprisingly difficult to navigate, or at least to find the information I'm looking for. Maybe someone can help?

• Anybody know what the maximum weekly benefit is in North Carolina?

• And when do you claim each week? Is there a certain day I have to call or file online for each week or can I do it anytime/anyday I want to the following week?

• Anybody use the direct deposit option? How long does it take for your money to show up after you claim a week?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2008, 08:32 AM

889 posts, read 3,116,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timm View Post
I am finding the website for the NC ESC surprisingly difficult to navigate, or at least to find the information I'm looking for. Maybe someone can help?

• And when do you claim each week? Is there a certain day I have to call or file online for each week or can I do it anytime/anyday I want to the following week?

• Anybody use the direct deposit option? How long does it take for your money to show up after you claim a week?

I think the max. might be $450, but not sure it depends on each indivudual.
Once you are qualified and start receiving benefits you go online and fill out your weekly "paper work" on Mondays, It's just a few questions you answer then submit.
You can have direct deposit or they re-load a credit/debit card ( they send you one in the mail) usually have the money by the next day or Weds.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:52 PM

1 posts, read 31,509 times
If you get uneployement in NC, it should send you a letter how much you will get if you are able to get get it.

Old 01-17-2010, 11:43 AM

1 posts, read 29,637 times
I file my weekly certification every Sunday...my money is on my Debit Card from unemployment by monday afternoon, it has never been 2 days. If you call in I think it has to be on a certain day...online is much more efficient. I dont think the max is $450.00 ...I know people who get more.

Old 01-17-2010, 02:18 PM

1,456 posts, read 4,142,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartbeat85 View Post
If you get uneployement in NC, it should send you a letter how much you will get if you are able to get get it.
Yes, thank you. That's exactly what they did. In 2008. When this thread was current.

Old 01-17-2010, 02:57 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,435,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timm View Post

The maximum in NC right now is $505 per week (plus the additional $25 stimulus money each week). The weekly benefit amount is calculated by taking the high quarter of wages in your base period and dividing by 26. Any number above $505 just gets the max of $505 (plus the $25).

Provided you were unemployed the previous week, you would do your weekly certification AFTER Saturday of each week. The unemployment weeks go from Sunday-Saturday, so after Saturday ends, you can certify for the previous week. You can do it online any day after Saturday, or, if you're calling in, you can do it Mon, Wed, Thurs, Fri if your social security number ends in an odd number. If your social security number ends in an even number, you can call in Tues, Wed, Thurs and Fri.

After you have certified a week, it can take 24-48 hours for the money to appear in your direct deposit account. There are instances, however, where the direct deposit did not get established in time for the first payment, so the first payment goes on a debit card that they'll send to you. If that's the case, you must allow 5-10 BUSINESS days for the card to arrive in the mail. You'd then activate the card and use it like any other debit card. The card is not sent out until a payment has been generated, so when it arrives to you it has at least one deposit on it, and many times two deposits.

If you have the debit card and are switching to direct deposit, it can take 2-3 weeks to get it switched and the banking information verified. If you ever receive a paper check in the mail for your previous weeks payment, that's a good indication that the changeover from debit card to direct deposit is in process and the next weeks payment should be direct deposit.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:23 AM

23 posts, read 101,170 times
Is anyone getting the $505? I've been getting the max $494 for 6 months but it did not go up.

Old 01-19-2010, 06:27 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,435,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhamm View Post
Is anyone getting the $505? I've been getting the max $494 for 6 months but it did not go up.
I believe the $505 went into effect in August. If your benefit year began before that, you will still only get the weekly benefit amount from when your claim was established. When the weekly benefit maximum amount changed, it was only for benefit years established from that point forward; it is not retroactive.

Toward August of this year, the threshholds will be revisited and the weekly benefit amount may be increased again. Also increased again may be the minimum amount required in the base period in order to qualify for a UI claim.

Old 01-20-2010, 05:12 PM

23 posts, read 101,170 times
Default Thanks!

jdljr, thanks, you're awesome!

Old 03-20-2011, 09:23 AM

1 posts, read 27,346 times
Can anyone tell me what steps I will need to take once my 26 weeks of Regular UI Benefits are exhausted to transition into the EUI 2008 Benefits Tier 1? I only have a few weeks left and have yet to find employment.

Thank You
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina