U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 04:05 PM

807 posts, read 2,315,975 times

Advertisements

I can't say which is better,but the Texas based Whataburger chain is awesome! Here in Arkansas we also have the legendary Feltner's Whataburger which isn't affiliated with either chain.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2009, 03:59 PM

1 posts, read 1,887 times
I have eaten at both, WHATABURGER (Texas based) is ok but it is the typical fast food blah that you can get anywhere. What-A-Burger (Mid-Atlantic based) on the other hand has people that take their time making a burger that seems like it is fresh off of the back yard grill and it has been around at least a decade longer than WHATABURGER... if you prefer quality and great taste then What-A-Burger is for you... if you prefer the bland same old, lame old that you can get from any chain burger joint then you want WHATABURGER

Old 09-28-2009, 05:10 AM

1,495 posts, read 3,011,173 times
Haven't eaten there in over 15 years , passed them in Mooresville and Kannapolis.
May drop in and give them a shot!!

Old 01-30-2012, 07:36 PM

1 posts, read 1,201 times
There are at least three in Cabarrus County. Two in Concord (one free standing downtown and one connected to a gas station somewhere), and another one in Kannapolis. There burgers are amazing, but you cannot forget the Concord-famous Witch Doctor. It can only be gotten at Whataburgers and Frye's Roller Rink. It is the best thing ever (even if it is an acquired taste). From what I know it is Cherry-Lemon Sundrop, an actual lemon, pickles, and some pickle juice. Sounds like it was created by a pregnant woman, huh?

Old 02-04-2012, 03:33 PM

7,946 posts, read 15,740,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm34b View Post
Apparently, Whataburger of Texas & What-A-Burger of Virginia are two different hamburger chains. As far as I can tell, Whataburger has never operated a restaurant in North Carolina. The Texas-based Whataburger sued the Virginia-based What-A-Burger in 2003 over trademark infringement.
As far as I know, there are no Whataburgers in states where What-A-Burgers exist and vice versa. Whataburger wanted to expand into Arkansas but cannot because What-A-Burger has a location there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina