Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2008, 02:21 PM

442 posts, read 1,573,023 times

Advertisements

I'm looking to relocate to NC and continue my college course work in order to finish my AA degree before moving onto a University. I've looked at Guilford Tech and Central Piedmont, are these the best public colleges in the area (between Charlotte and Greensboro)??
I'm looking for a college that has plenty of student life, opportunity for extracurricular activities such as volunteering and clubs, on-campus events, resources to assist students in finding a career and bettering themselves in studies (tutoring).
Any suggestions or recommendations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2008, 09:40 PM

7,055 posts, read 12,279,735 times
There is also Forsyth Tech in Winston Salem and Catawba Valley in Hickory. NC has a tech college in almost every county. Central Piedmont is by far the state's largest tech school. I am not sure, but I heard it is one of the largest in the country also. Any 2 year school in NC other than CPCC will be quite small by comparison. CPCC also has an easy transfer program into UNC Charlotte. If you decide to come to Charlotte, CPCC is the way to go.

Old 12-18-2008, 07:09 AM

2,445 posts, read 7,424,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyMissAshley View Post
I'm looking to relocate to NC and continue my college course work in order to finish my AA degree before moving onto a University. I've looked at Guilford Tech and Central Piedmont, are these the best public colleges in the area (between Charlotte and Greensboro)??

I'm looking for a college that has plenty of student life, opportunity for extracurricular activities such as volunteering and clubs, on-campus events, resources to assist students in finding a career and bettering themselves in studies (tutoring).
Any suggestions or recommendations?
What are you studying?

I can't speak of Guilford Tech but I know that CPCC has all of the things you listed. it has a very good reputation in the Charlotte area. At any school you will be paying out of state tuition for the first year.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:42 AM

442 posts, read 1,573,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCgirl View Post
What are you studying?

I can't speak of Guilford Tech but I know that CPCC has all of the things you listed. it has a very good reputation in the Charlotte area. At any school you will be paying out of state tuition for the first year.
I'm going for the basic 2-year AA degree for study in Business Administration that will transfer to a 4-year Uni upon completion.

Old 12-18-2008, 10:15 AM

1,877 posts, read 5,328,790 times
PrettyMissAshley,

Both schools are great and you can't go wrong with either. Our community college's in this state are great and transfer well into a 4 year school. You do however need to see what school/s you plan on transferring to with your AA degree and make sure you get your requirements for that school as the 4 year schools do vary in requirements. If you need to decide between the community colleges choose which ever you will live closer too. GTCC is also one of the larger community colleges in the state with many classes and a few campuses to choose from.

Good luck to you!

Old 12-18-2008, 10:44 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,438,103 times
You will find that all of the 52 Community Colleges in NC to be very good schools. Some offer different programs than others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina