Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 06:42 AM

3 posts, read 8,412 times

Advertisements

Listen, if you wish to make any money as an educator, stay away from North Carolina. There is NO union representation and the state controls the pay scale...in other words the pay for a teacher in Charlotte-Meck school district will be the same as a teacher the Rowan-Salisbury district or the Wake County school system. The only other factor that would give you an increase in salary is the county by county supplement (some paces are higher than others, thus giving a disparity in pay throughout the state). The other horrible part of being a teacher in this state is that you only GET PAID ONLY ONCE A MONTH. I assume this is largely in part so the state leaders can rape us in taxes. By the time taxes have been taken out of each of my paychecks, I find that I can hardly afford to live. I swear, people who have families and are educators must rely upon food stamps eat and live in section 8 housing...I don't know how they live!? All I know is that once I attain my Master's Degree I'm out of here and heading back up North where they value education and respect teachers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2008, 09:23 PM

5 posts, read 18,415 times
Forgetaboutit! The closest thing we have to a union is the NCAE (association of educators). Another thing... Some out-of-state teachers have to be mentored as "new" for about a year. Do not come unless you want a pay cut and a once a month check.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina