U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 05:54 AM

543 posts, read 1,631,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkshireLass View Post
Hi everyone! Normally I answer a lot of threads rarely ever do I start one but here goes. Who else is suffering (and I mean suffering!) from allergies at the moment? And do you think that this year is the worst? My husband (who is really in h*ll at the moment) is doped to the point of oblivion and still can't get any relief. He takes flonase and allegra daily along with a plethera of occ meds such as benadryl, actifed and claritin and still he suffers. I myself have noticed the itchy eyes and sniffles, even the dog seems to be having more problems this year. I've lived in this area of NC pretty much my whole life and never has it seemed as bad as this year. Any suggestions?
I've been dying for the last few weeks. Tree pollen and mold are on the rise and have been so for about a month. Never bothered me much up north. Been taking allegra-d, mucinex and rhinocort daily. My left ear was blocked for over a month and as much as I hate it, sinus irrigation finally unblocked it and cleared my sinuses. Weather.com has a good map of allergens and the area they are in. I'm hoping the stuff that's coming up doesn't bother me as much as tree pollen did.

Mark
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2007, 06:19 AM

1,111 posts, read 3,226,320 times
Thanks for starting this thread. My sinuses were starting up yesterday and I didn't even consider allergies being the problem. Man, I am doing the sniffles this AM.

Old 03-06-2007, 06:34 AM

1,531 posts, read 6,829,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i'minformed View Post
I can't imagine how you will make it through april and may if you are already feeling allergic now.
Totally agree! Only thing I really see in bloom are daffodils and forsythia and I've never heard of those as major human allergens. You folks better brace yourselves now cuz April is when it really hits. (I usually store my Claritin in the closet from December to March....I'll probably sneeze more from the dust on the bottle than I will anything out right now.)

Old 03-06-2007, 05:40 PM

45 posts, read 200,453 times
Default allergies

Quote:
Hi everyone! Normally I answer a lot of threads rarely ever do I start one but here goes. Who else is suffering (and I mean suffering!) from allergies at the moment? And do you think that this year is the worst? My husband (who is really in h*ll at the moment) is doped to the point of oblivion and still can't get any relief. He takes flonase and allegra daily along with a plethera of occ meds such as benadryl, actifed and claritin and still he suffers. I myself have noticed the itchy eyes and sniffles, even the dog seems to be having more problems this year. I've lived in this area of NC pretty much my whole life and never has it seemed as bad as this year. Any suggestions?
oh my goodness... my 5 year old daughter has never had an issue with allergies until a week ago. It was so bad her eyes were almost swollen shut Monday. I thought it was an eye infection or something and the doctor said just allergies. I feel sooooo bad for her ... sneezing, painful swollen and itchy eyes ... we are praying for some relief here in central FL. She has eyedrops (fun to put in) and claritin. Anyone with kids with allergies ... suggestions?

Old 03-06-2007, 08:42 PM

21,599 posts, read 30,152,596 times
Quote:
I have extremely bad allergies and the only thing that helps me is Predisone (sp?)

Old 03-06-2007, 08:52 PM

4,299 posts, read 13,610,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markh View Post
I've been dying for the last few weeks. Tree pollen and mold are on the rise and have been so for about a month. Never bothered me much up north. Been taking allegra-d, mucinex and rhinocort daily. My left ear was blocked for over a month and as much as I hate it, sinus irrigation finally unblocked it and cleared my sinuses. Weather.com has a good map of allergens and the area they are in. I'm hoping the stuff that's coming up doesn't bother me as much as tree pollen did.

Mark

I'm dying also. I live about 2 miles or so from you in Huntersville and it's really hitting me hard. I don't even have allergies but I guess I do now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or