U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 05:03 PM

6,196 posts, read 14,198,185 times

Advertisements

Get a lawyer to appear for you and to handle the paperwork. It's well worth it. And do the eviction NOW. Believe me, you don't want to wait. Do it NOW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2009, 05:50 AM

999 posts, read 4,252,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
Get a lawyer to appear for you and to handle the paperwork. It's well worth it. And do the eviction NOW. Believe me, you don't want to wait. Do it NOW.
Thanks, My daughter will be in the hospital next week, when she's out I will concentrate on the house.

Old 01-09-2009, 07:00 AM

983 posts, read 3,512,512 times
Even if she catches up on the $, you said there were other violations of her lease and she wasn't keeping the house up. You can evict her on the violations...I wouldn't let her tear my house up to the point it will cost you serious $$ for repairs and/or cleaning.

Old 01-09-2009, 07:00 PM

6,196 posts, read 14,198,185 times
Don't accept any money after the eviction has started. And be very careful with her belongings. There are all kinds of tricks that people play, believe me, that will cost you a lot of money. Get a lawyer who knows tenant law.

Old 01-10-2009, 09:07 AM

3,651 posts, read 8,288,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joanchris2000 View Post
The house is in Fayetteville, she is not in the service, but her ex husband is, and his support payments have not been sent to her since April....
Oh there's a surprise. Let me guess: Army enlisted.

I say that based on a lot of experience w/the military and having had a few friends who were landlords in areas w/high concentrations of military and 9 times out of 10 the ones who pulled this were Army enlisted. A very high concentration of slugs in that demographic for some reason. Anyway good luck and agree, get a lawyer who specializes in this. I'd also try to get info on her ex and contact his commander and/or the JAG for Ft Bragg or wherever he's stationed. Not sure they can do much legally but odds are the commander will lean on him quickly and heavily.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or