U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-06-2009, 10:02 AM

2,447 posts, read 4,600,741 times
Exclamation North Carolina unemployment claims crash website

Anyone considering moving without a job...don't.

North Carolina unemployment claims crash website

Quote:
Unemployment is up so much in North Carolina that the state's Internet site for benefits crashed twice this week under a rush of claims.
The number of people trying to sign up online for new or continuing benefits was as much as triple pre-recession levels Sunday and Monday, the Employment Security Commission said. That volume, together with a phone line problem, overwhelmed the agency's computers and prevented some people from filing claims.
Quote:
But the recession has pushed the jobless rate in North Carolina to 7.9% in November, the last month for which figures are available. That was the highest since October 1983.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 11:44 AM

1,149 posts, read 2,360,291 times
I was one of the ones filing a new unemployment claim online on Monday, and thankfully was able to do it without any trouble. I had heard of all their problems and was skeptical about whether I'd be able to file successfully, so it must be hit or miss with the issues.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:59 AM

1 posts, read 1,695 times
I filed back in march for unemployment. I spoke with an unemployment agent and gave her all the information. I was suppose to receive a check as of March 22. I haven't received anything and am continuing to call but unable to get through.

Last edited by mm34b; 05-06-2009 at 09:28 AM.. Reason: Removed personal data.

Old 05-06-2009, 07:15 PM

1,149 posts, read 2,360,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezriv View Post
I filed back in march for unemployment. I spoke with an unemployment agent and gave her all the information. I was suppose to receive a check as of March 22. I haven't received anything and am continuing to call but unable to get through.
GO to your local ESC office and meet with a consultant. They'll be able to tell you EXACTLY what the status of your claim is, right there on the spot. You may have an issue with your claim that has not been resolved. Have you been filing your weekly certifications since then? If not, not doing so would have inactivated your claim. I can't figure out what has kept you from going there all this time, if I was expecting money and it didn't arrive, I'd sure do more than just try to call.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina