U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2009, 06:16 PM

17 posts, read 34,437 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are looking to buy a house in mebane...we have been approved for a usda loan and are looking at properties in subdivisions out there that are very reasonable. The only problem is that we probably can't close until Sept of 2009. With all the new building do you think the house prices are going up or down? There are a lot of places for sale in Mebane right now that we could move into right away, but then I would have to break my lease, which my landlord is giving me a heck of a time about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 07:15 AM

4,899 posts, read 16,568,254 times
with new homes, you need to start building within a couple of months, but then it also takes them about 4-5 months to complete. if you ask them to take their time, the house should theoretically have fewer problems. but that only gives you about 7 months time. you may end up closing and then paying rent and mortgage.
the only other thing to do is wait 60 days before and buy a "used" home.
no one knows what will happen with the prices.

Old 01-08-2009, 01:39 PM

Thanks...we went out today and really love it out there. I just hope that the prices continue to fall...for our sake

Old 01-16-2009, 05:29 PM

1,536 posts, read 5,098,055 times
Did you ask your landlord how much it would cost to break your lease? It is different everywhere.

Old 01-26-2009, 04:55 AM

The apartment manager is my husband's Aunt. Before we started looking she said it would be no problem to break the lease, then when we found something she said what she meant was the worst that could happen is that I would have a bad mark on my credit, which I consider to be very bad! She has since said she will help us sublet it. We did put in an offer on a place and are under contract on it. We were able to get into a brand new subdivision with no HOA costs and our interest rate is 5% so we are able to afford much more house than if the rate was 6 or 7% which is what I was quoted last summer.

I figure I'll try to work something out. Our apartment is horrible. The woman downstairs has 5 kids in a 2 bedroom apartment and has loud music until after 11:00 at night. One night we couldn't get into the complex because there had been gun shots. We have had to call the cops 4 times since we moved in 4 months ago due to noise after 12:00 at night. I think given all that, I probably have just cause to get out of my lease. It's not a safe place to raise a kid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina