Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 06:41 AM

2 posts, read 4,618 times

Advertisements

I was there! I was 19 years old and the Love Valley pop festival was quite impressionable. I remember the the stage in the bottom of a natural proscenium in the valley. The Allman Brothers were awesome! The police didn't like the rock version of the National Anthem and tried to stop it. A good time was had by almost all.
I can write more, but now I have to go to work! It is good to reminisce of such fond memories.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 09:58 PM

1 posts, read 4,069 times
I was there Left Coconut Grove in Miami with a few folks on a whim... I was 16 and ended up working in the OD tent... too many stories to tell... After this Festival we headed up to Powder Ridge in Connecticut total disaster there from what I recall the police chased us out...Will try to make it to the reunion

Old 09-21-2009, 06:19 PM

1 posts, read 4,037 times
Does anyone remember a band that played Love Valley on the weekends in the late 60's early 70's. The band featured a lead guitarist, Mickie Queen (since deceased) from Taylorsville, NC...Alexander County's best. If you remember him, please email me at:rose2jones@bellsouth.net Remembering Him.......

Old 10-04-2009, 02:57 AM

1 posts, read 3,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogobrown View Post
I was there Left Coconut Grove in Miami with a few folks on a whim... I was 16 and ended up working in the OD tent... too many stories to tell... After this Festival we headed up to Powder Ridge in Connecticut total disaster there from what I recall the police chased us out...Will try to make it to the reunion
I'm also from Miami. I went there with a few friends after the Atlanta Fest. I gottons of great memories from Love Valley.
Mark

Old 02-13-2010, 11:49 PM

1 posts, read 3,681 times
I was 20 when I went from Asheville.
Bill

Old 02-17-2010, 03:03 PM

1,092 posts, read 2,698,512 times
I wouldn't go to Love Valley even if it was the last place on Earth. Way too conservative, too country, too "out there", unless that's what you're looking for, avoid the area.

Old 03-21-2010, 03:22 PM

1 posts, read 3,564 times
I attended the Love Valley Music Festival in 1970. I was 22 and just back from Viet Nam, we didn't have tickets, but that didn't matter, there were people everywhere!! The Allman Brothers were fantastic, you could hear Gregg's B-3 for miles!!My son was 3 mo's old at the time. I was stationed at Camp LeJeune and a few of us Marines that couldn't make it to Woodstock a few months earlier went to Love Valley. Great Time and nice little village.

Old 04-17-2010, 06:37 PM

2 posts, read 6,894 times
My uncle and myself went to Love Valley today, my first time there. We purchased some roofing materials from Andy, and for me it was a thrill to meet a living legend, an experiance i'll never forget. Andy is 85 years young, and from an era that's almost gone, I was in awe today, humbled by Andy, and his kindness, for me the best I can do is live my life like him, full of humility and kindness, and maybe somewhere down the line I'll pass it on. Just think of what a great world we would live in ... only if!

Old 04-17-2010, 06:53 PM

2 posts, read 6,894 times
My uncle and myself went to Love Valley today, my first time there. We purchased some roofing materials from Andy, and for me it was a thrill to meet a living legend, an experiance i'll never forget. Andy is 85 years young, and from an era that's almost gone, I was in awe today, humbled by Andy, and his kindness, for me the best I can do is live my life like him, full of humility and kindness, and maybe somewhere down the line I'll pass it on. Just think of what a great world we would live in ... only if!

Old 07-01-2010, 03:06 PM

1 posts, read 3,263 times
There will be a Love valley 40th on July 17th. It will be held in Cowpens SC. 2 of the original bands from the festival will be there along with others. It is at the music camp in Cowpens, look it up and come on out. Too bad it could not happen in LV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina