U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 06:42 PM

128 posts, read 606,008 times

Advertisements

Well....everything was going well toward our move to NC UNTIL yesterday (I will give the short version) we found out that our buyer has no money in the bank because he cashed $27,000 worth of BAD checks from various people at his convenience store (he is the owner). Now our buyer is waiting to close on a home in NJ so he can pay his closing costs for our home. This was totally unexpected. We did everything possible to make sure he was a good buyer, but "bleep" happens!!! Any closing horror stories you all would like to share? Is there a light at the end of the tunnel???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2006, 06:52 PM

787 posts, read 3,321,613 times
You poor thing. Nothing that serious. When we closed we just about had to force the people out of the house. I think they had some notion that we were just going to wait until they got good and ready to move. We closed on April 1st and it took us until April 9th to get them out of the house so we could move in. Maybe things will get straightened out. I sure do feel for you.

Old 06-20-2006, 06:53 PM

5,265 posts, read 14,899,381 times
Wow.... that sounds similar to my bad omen. It has nothing to do with selling my house, but it is sort of a horror story. I have a 67 Camero that I wouldn't even think of driving for 700 miles straight. So when we moved down here, I rented a trailer for it to connect to the back of the mooving van. When I was taking the trailor back to my house to get the camero on it, I was unaware of the fact that the person who had rented it to me hadn't connected it properly to the back of my truck.... so as I'm driving down I-390 and notice after a while that my truck feels a little lighter after a while. I'm going about 60, and I can't see out my back window because my bed is full of boxes and stuff. Then I hear someone honking the horn, thinking I wasn't doing anything wrong, I assumed they were honking at someone else. Then I notice a car trailer that looks very similar to the one I just rented, coasting down the road beside me. I put 2 and 2 together, slowed down to get behind the trailer, waited for it to stop until I got out and had the same friendly person who had honked at me, hitch it back onto my truck SECURELY. Unfortunetly, this was not even close to being the most devistating bad omen that happened. The night before we left , christmas night (we left on the 26th) I noticed that one of my sisters was acting odd, and didn't look to good. She came back in the morning to see us off and still looked the same. I would find out 2 months later that she had lung cancer, and then lose her less than 2 years after that. Now I'm sorry, but I'm beginning to tear up and have to get off of the computer for a little bit.

Old 06-20-2006, 06:57 PM

Oh gosh i'minformed! That is horrible about your sister...i guess there are worse things that can happen than a closing gone bad!

Old 06-20-2006, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethanytedder
You poor thing. Nothing that serious. When we closed we just about had to force the people out of the house. I think they had some notion that we were just going to wait until they got good and ready to move. We closed on April 1st and it took us until April 9th to get them out of the house so we could move in. Maybe things will get straightened out. I sure do feel for you.
Wow Bethany! Sounds like they were a bit too attached to the home!! Glad things worked out for ya though!

Old 06-20-2006, 07:02 PM

4,074 posts, read 6,415,770 times
nk0171
I can certainly understand how you feel. Many years ago I sold a house and had my furniture on the moving truck. I went to the second settlement to buy my new house and the the seller never showed. My family and I were in a bad situation especially with no local family members. It was expensive and I almost lost my job over it. In the end all worked out for the best. We ended up with a much nicer house. I laugh about it today but I sure wasn’t laughing at the time. I know it is tough but try keep your spirits up. It will all work out.

Old 06-20-2006, 07:04 PM

5,265 posts, read 14,899,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nk0171
Oh gosh i'minformed! That is horrible about your sister...i guess there are worse things that can happen than a closing gone bad!
That's certainly true. I don't mean to diminish your story though, I really hope that's not how you took it. That was 11 years ago and my family has long since recooperated. Just needed a moment after typing that though. Her name was Annie.

Old 06-20-2006, 07:08 PM

787 posts, read 3,321,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nk0171
Wow Bethany! Sounds like they were a bit too attached to the home!! Glad things worked out for ya though!

Yeah I had to get ugly. And it got ugly when my phone was installed and they were using my phone number. They promised to be out the weekend which we closed on a Friday. But they weren't. The entire last week they were there they were on our phone and our electricity. To say the least I was not amused. i'minformed, I am really sorry about your sister. It makes it bad when you have another incident happen so close to a tragedy like that. Annie will always be with you no matter how much times pasts. My son Benjamin has been dead since 1982 but it doesn't stop me from remembering him. My friend called me last night about her husband. She said that her daughter and husband had bought a house and he was helping them move. Somehow he fell off the truck when they were moving the mattress and springs. After that he was very confused and in a lot of pain. I don't know but something about the situation I didn't like. I finally managed to talk her into calling the rescue squad to him this morning. And it is a good thing that she listened. He is in ICU now with a broken neck and he may have had a stroke as well. She called a few minutes ago all torn up and I am sitting here trying to figure out what to do. The man is 63 years old and they are raising a foster child that is 8. How on earth he didn't manage to sever his spinal cord is beyond me. They say the Lord works in mysterious ways.

Old 06-20-2006, 07:13 PM

Oh my...in a weird kind of way, after hearing these tragedies, i feel very blessed now! Bethany, hope all is well with your friend's husband and i'minformed...you didn't dininish my story...you put things in perspective...health first and everything can go in the back burner!

Old 06-20-2006, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi
nk0171
I can certainly understand how you feel. Many years ago I sold a house and had my furniture on the moving truck. I went to the second settlement to buy my new house and the the seller never showed. My family and I were in a bad situation especially with no local family members. It was expensive and I almost lost my job over it. In the end all worked out for the best. We ended up with a much nicer house. I laugh about it today but I sure wasn’t laughing at the time. I know it is tough but try keep your spirits up. It will all work out.
thanks donsabi! I am keeping my chin up...you all have been very helpful! This is like free Dr. Phil therapy!! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina