U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 09:26 AM

787 posts, read 2,420,002 times
[quote=mindync]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethanytedder
Do you have a pool or anything else that might run it up? QUOTE]

No pool. We have an irrigation system but we aren't using it. I think there is a leak on one of the heads though. We have the system off but there is still water in the yard by that head. Think it could make that much difference?

It depends on how much it is leaking. My husband works for the Town of Snow Hill and hears all about this all the time. I would disconnect it or fix or replace it one and see what happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2006, 10:33 AM
JAS

493 posts, read 1,163,206 times
Default My costs

Water is about $28/month (community well run by Aqua NC).
Electricity is about $75/month.
Natural gas (heating, hot water) was only about $30 last month, but was $175-$225/month during winter.
Garbage collection is $42 for 3 months.
Time Warner Cable (w/o HBO, premium channels) and broadband internet via TWC Roadrunner is about $95/month combined.
I have a septic tank, so no monthly charges for that.

I live in a subdivision outside the city limits of Greensboro in NW Guilford County. When I lived within the city limits of Greensboro, I believe that the city administered water, sewer, garbage. I don't recall since it was several years ago.

Old 06-21-2006, 10:46 AM

1,531 posts, read 5,131,335 times
If you don't know about it already, check into Progress Energy's "Time of Use" rates.
They put an electric meter on your house that's computerized. You're charged a little more for electricity during "Peak Times" (ie, daytime on weekdays) but are charged way less for using electricity on "Non-Peak Times" (nites, weekends, holidays).

I have this. What you do is you time your extra electric use, such as laundry, dishwasher, vacuming, extra lights, etc to those Off Peak times. I save on average $20-25 a month that way.

Old 06-21-2006, 02:04 PM

1,261 posts, read 2,807,878 times
I live in a 1400 square foot house (give or take a hundred or so - I'm not really sure lol) in the Greensboro city limits and here's what we pay:

Electric - around $150 or so a month in the winter; $65-70 in the spring and fall; $75-100 in the summer.

Cable TV (basic) - close to $90 a month. This includes broadband internet.

Water (if not included with rent) - around $90 every 3 months. This includes sewer and garbage collection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina