U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2009, 07:48 PM

105 posts, read 330,427 times

Advertisements

hello everyone, I would like to know how is YOUR sanitation worker. Today (thur) is my trash day, I was on my way to work this morning 650am and I saw the waste management truck enter my subdivision, I quickly ran and got the trash, and held up one finger and asked them to please wait a minute. the worker in returned stated in a sarcastic tone "Mam,next time please have your trash out the day before because you are slowing up our production" I was shoked because this is the first time my trash was not out to the roadside EVER. Im really upset about this, what if he has spoken to someone else in this same tone...oh what must I do...please keep in mind that from the time it took me to get the trash and take it to them was all but 15sec Tops no lie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2009, 05:51 AM

3,036 posts, read 7,387,393 times
You're seriously complaining that this worker told you to try and have it at the curb next time? You do realize they have A LOT of trash to pick up. He actually addressed you as ma'am. I think you're over reacting.

Old 02-13-2009, 09:44 AM

1,155 posts, read 3,144,836 times
I agree. They're on a schedule and probably have more work to do than they can handle in a day. THEIR responsibility is to pick up your trash on a certain day - sounds like they met their responsibility and were there to do it. YOUR responsibility is to have it there for them to pick it up. Did you meet your responsibility? I know people forget sometimes, but don't be shocked at them. Honestly, they could have just passed by and not waited. And had they done so, I suppose you would have called the waste management company and complained? They probably would have told you the same thing - they were there and you didn't have the trash ready.

Hey, at least you have trash pick-up service. I live in a rural area in the mountains and have to take trash to the facility myself.

Old 02-14-2009, 01:12 AM

983 posts, read 3,515,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
I agree. They're on a schedule and probably have more work to do than they can handle in a day. THEIR responsibility is to pick up your trash on a certain day - sounds like they met their responsibility and were there to do it. YOUR responsibility is to have it there for them to pick it up. Did you meet your responsibility? I know people forget sometimes, but don't be shocked at them. Honestly, they could have just passed by and not waited. And had they done so, I suppose you would have called the waste management company and complained? They probably would have told you the same thing - they were there and you didn't have the trash ready.

Hey, at least you have trash pick-up service. I live in a rural area in the mountains and have to take trash to the facility myself.

I totally agree. They did you a favor by waiting...but you threw off their schedule.

Old 02-14-2009, 06:12 AM
LLN

4,977 posts, read 8,724,347 times
I thought you were going to say the worker raised a finger to you!

As I understand it, those guys are on a schedule and they get to go home when their work is done. If every person asked for just 15 seconds, well, they would never get home.

I would be glad they waited, and probably thank them, not whine about it.

lln

Old 02-14-2009, 11:40 AM

285 posts, read 712,118 times
Perhaps you didn't tip them at Christmas

Old 02-14-2009, 03:59 PM

thanks for the reply everyone, sorry but I still cant see yourside of the matter, but i do appreciate the comments. lets just say that I will agree to disagree with you all on this one. I can say that I do agree about the what if scenario if they had to wait on everyone for 15sec, that would make for a long day lol!! my whole problem was not by what he said it was how it was said. thanks everyone

Old 02-14-2009, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kidsmama View Post
Perhaps you didn't tip them at Christmas
that was too funny, I must have forgotten
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina