U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2009, 06:25 PM

3 posts, read 4,107 times

Advertisements

My family is considering a move to NC from RI. I am a life-long resident of RI (my wife hails from Long Island). We are looking to move because RI is in a financial disaster (more so than most states). My job is secure as far as position goes. My salary may be cut. My benefits have already been cut. My pension will be adversly effected, it's just a matter of time. The other reason we're looking to leave of "quality of life". RI is overcrowded and way too urban. For those that aren't familiar, inner city providence is spreading out like a disease. (Sounds bad but it's the truth). We have three children (8,6,4). We have been to the Charlotte several times and like it very much. We have checked out Huntersville and Waxhaw. Can anyone recommend more neighborhoods? We want a family oriented neighborhood with good schools and good quality of life. I will be pursuing a career change to Education. My wife works in health care as a therapist. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2009, 09:33 PM

6,196 posts, read 14,214,969 times
Did you read that NC has the 8th highest unemployment rate in the country?

Old 02-17-2009, 12:07 PM

3,574 posts, read 13,103,152 times
Many other areas have just as good "quality of life" as we do as well as better employment rates and health care positions. If your job is secure, why on earth would you up and move!!!!! Everyone here is making work sacrifices same as everywhere else. Go to night school and get that "2nd career" established first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina