U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-23-2006, 04:21 PM

25 posts, read 58,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous

Just look at what you're saying! How arrogant! That yankees are the enlightened ones that come down south and show the ignorant north carolinians a great new way of life that they should be thankful for. Riight. And other comments you've made, like "You're dreaming if you think we (northerners) are going to adapt to YOUR way of life". And after you harass and bait people, and upset them, then you can say, "Well, where is that southern politeness??"

Is it so surprising that you are being met with resistance?
BRAVO!! Well said anonymous!

Look, don't y'all think the north was once a nice place to live and raise a family? So, if the northern way of doing things is so superior, then why is it that the north isn't such a nice place to live and raise a family anymore? Ever thought of it like that?

We may not do things like y'all do, but we've managed to keep our part of the country nice and affordable. So, if you want to come and live here like we do, then come on. But if you want to come here and make things like they are in the "great" north, (or anywhere else in the country for that matter), then please don't bother coming... cause we like where we live and the way things are!

Sorry, but the high-and-mighty attitudes that I'm hearing in some of these posts tend to make my southern blood boil!
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2006, 08:45 PM

1,611 posts, read 3,257,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwing
Dolt.

Before the northerners came down, it was raising the cotton, making it into textiles for clothes the northerners wore, and farming the tobacco that the northerners smoked. It was also crafting the fine furniture that the northerners put in their homes; furniture much nicer than a lot of the natives could ever afford. It was a hard-working life from the tales I've heard the natives tell, but they were proud of the products they produced. Only an idiot would sneer at that.
I assume there were wealthy Southerners enjoying that stuff, as well as all types of Southerners using things made & grown in the north, too.

Beyond that, I feel Long Island was hurt by expanding the roads too much. I think they should have encouraged office parks & light industry further out on the island earlier in our history, since most of us love our private cars too.

One big reason for our move was to end my husband's miserable 3 hour round trip public transportation commute.
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina