Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2007, 11:15 PM

1 posts, read 1,805 times

Advertisements

hi,can someone give us some advice as to where in NC is a ok area to live and open an auto business got wife and 2 boys age 7 & 8. presently i am use to brooklyn,staten island area thanking you in advance.:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2007, 04:47 AM

161 posts, read 683,231 times
My neighbor is from Staten Island and the others are from Northport, CT and MA. I am personally from LI and researched the best area for many years prior to moving to Raleigh. I would say that for a Northerner migrating South, Raleigh may be a great place to consider. There are many transplants that mainly research and find that this area is somewhat comparable to some of the suburban areas up North. There are many people with good disposable incomes and the area has not lost their Southern appeal. Good schools, colleges and work opportunities. If you request a good relocation kit from the various area realtors, you can get a good feel for the state. I am a realtor and can send you a kit -just pm me. Good luck, it's a nice place to raise a family.

Old 03-19-2007, 08:36 AM

10 posts, read 27,984 times
Default Give Charlotte a Look too.

HI-

I am a Charlotte native, we are also a big city in North Carolina. I good way to describe Charlotte is a melting pot, virtually no one that lives here is from here. I worked for a large bank here for years and I have to say we have more tranplants from New york and New Jersey than any other state. We are a growing city and have a fair amount of "sprawl" meaning that the real Charlotte area encompasses several other cities and towns. I am not sure what kind of automotive business you are looking to start, but we have a few very large parts and truck plants here, infact that is where my father works. Alot of his co workers have their own shops, the one I go to belongs to my dads good friend. One of the ways I imagine you would be successful here is to have a shop on the fridge. Like Cabbarus or Gaston county. We have a ton of commuters from there. And those areas are less saturated than some of the into town neighborhoods. Also being right outside the city the schools are awesome and the taxes are lower.

If you want some info to get you started Pm me. I am a realtor here and can send you a welcome kit.

Good luck!

Old 03-19-2007, 08:51 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfagan View Post
HI-

I am a Charlotte native, we are also a big city in North Carolina. I good way to describe Charlotte is a melting pot, virtually no one that lives here is from here. I worked for a large bank here for years and I have to say we have more tranplants from New york and New Jersey than any other state. We are a growing city and have a fair amount of "sprawl" meaning that the real Charlotte area encompasses several other cities and towns. I am not sure what kind of automotive business you are looking to start, but we have a few very large parts and truck plants here, infact that is where my father works. Alot of his co workers have their own shops, the one I go to belongs to my dads good friend. One of the ways I imagine you would be successful here is to have a shop on the fridge. Like Cabbarus or Gaston county. We have a ton of commuters from there. And those areas are less saturated than some of the into town neighborhoods. Also being right outside the city the schools are awesome and the taxes are lower.

If you want some info to get you started Pm me. I am a realtor here and can send you a welcome kit.

Good luck!
There are STILL a few natives around, not fair to say "virtually no one who lives here is from here" .

Old 03-19-2007, 12:33 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,168,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
There are STILL a few natives around, not fair to say "virtually no one who lives here is from here" .

LOL Some people call ME a native since I've been here for nine years now but once I open my mouth to speak the NY comes through I suspect!

And for ROVIN -- Let me know if I can assist with your search for a home...feel free to check my webpage (click on my name and scroll) down for a first look at what your money can buy here. We relocated in 1998 from Long Island, and I have to say we have been very happy here! Best of luck to you

Old 03-24-2007, 11:39 AM

33 posts, read 122,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnsprufera View Post
My neighbor is from Staten Island and the others are from Northport, CT and MA. I am personally from LI and researched the best area for many years prior to moving to Raleigh. I would say that for a Northerner migrating South, Raleigh may be a great place to consider. There are many transplants that mainly research and find that this area is somewhat comparable to some of the suburban areas up North. There are many people with good disposable incomes and the area has not lost their Southern appeal. Good schools, colleges and work opportunities. If you request a good relocation kit from the various area realtors, you can get a good feel for the state. I am a realtor and can send you a kit -just pm me. Good luck, it's a nice place to raise a family.
Hi, I'm a new member, I was reading your message on moving to Raleigh, I live in the U.K, and I'm debating weather Raleigh is for me. My boyfriend is living in Durham, he has said he'd move anywhere in the U.S with me. I wouldn't be moving for at least three years because I'm studying, but I'm looking at house prices down there, so I can save, and be prepare. I'd like to know what its like to live there, I've never lived in the U.S.

Old 03-24-2007, 11:49 AM

1,417 posts, read 6,907,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
True. There are many more of us natives than some seem to indiacte.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
View detailed profiles of: