U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 05-13-2009, 05:50 AM

59 posts, read 118,584 times
Right now I have great views of the stars. But I know it will be even better when we move. We are buying a nice rural piece of property. No big or little towns for quite a few miles. Just farmland and woods.
I expect we will be having a lot of late night BBQs and enjoying the "night life".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 05-13-2009, 09:21 AM

915 posts, read 1,367,754 times
Pamlico county is a very rural area not far from New Bern. Here in Oriental we have amazing views of stars on all but the cloudy nights summer and winter. I have not noticed that the summer humidity makes any difference. Of course there isn't much population to the east of us so there are NO lights to get in the wayat all. Same for the south and north and just a little less clear to the west.

Unread 05-16-2009, 02:52 PM

13 posts, read 31,916 times
Asheville, and around the mountains! The Mountains block out a lot of the competing light and you see 20X more stars than you can in the piedmont or coast!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina