Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2009, 11:22 AM

7 posts, read 10,635 times

Advertisements

Considering a relocation to NC with husband and 3 children 10,7,5. Looking for advice on best town ideally with great neighborhoods and affordable houses. Preferences: close to excellent catholic elementary and high school, low crime, excellent health care access, less than one hour to major city and ocean. Is youth hockey available in nc?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2009, 08:09 AM

917 posts, read 2,298,545 times
Not many Catholic schools in NC. There is one however in a town called Havelock, which is near New Bern. This would be near the coast. The beaches are about 35 min. away, maybe less. It's an affordable area. Hospitals? 2 are less then 30 min. away and are okay. Then Pitt Memorial in Greenville which is excellent is about an hour and a half away. Your biggest problem will be the Catholic Schools. I'm a transplanted New Englander and it seems like most people here are Baptist. They really didn't like me (Unitarian/New Age) but don't think they would have TOO much trouble with Catholics!

Old 03-12-2009, 06:50 AM

285 posts, read 799,977 times
this may help you

http://www.charlottediocese.org/catholicschools.html (broken link)

Old 03-12-2009, 09:28 AM

208 posts, read 633,454 times
It's a little further than an hour to the ocean (but not that far!), but try Holly Springs, Apex, Fuquay Varina, maybe Cary. All are within the 'Triangle'/Raleigh area and are very good up-and-coming places. Good schools and good healthcare is nearby.

Old 03-23-2009, 06:38 AM

1 posts, read 1,828 times
HI

I saw your post and thought I would throw you an email. We too are considering a move to NC from NJ
We have 6 kiddies 10,9,7,5,11mos,11mos and are also looking for a Catholic School. I have a friend that is a realtor in NC and is putting a package together for me on schools, nieghborhoods, etc. I can let you know what I find.
When were you guys looking to move?
Heather

Old 03-23-2009, 12:53 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,088,107 times
If you click on the post-er's name in his/her post, then choose, "Send direct message...", it's more likely the recipient will see your message. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcleaver6 View Post
HI

I saw your post and thought I would throw you an email. We too are considering a move to NC from NJ
We have 6 kiddies 10,9,7,5,11mos,11mos and are also looking for a Catholic School. I have a friend that is a realtor in NC and is putting a package together for me on schools, nieghborhoods, etc. I can let you know what I find.
When were you guys looking to move?
Heather
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina