Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 08:20 AM

5,660 posts, read 26,993,372 times

Advertisements

Charlie Lawson - 43
Fannie Lawson - 37

Arthur - 18 (wasn't home at the time of the murders)
Marie - 17
Carrie - 12
Maybell - 7
James - 4
Raymond - 2
Marylou - 4 months

Other rumors have it that Marie was possibly pregnant by her father. That’s the most common rumor. Others include that she was pregnant by her boyfriend Charlie Wade Hampton and that she wasn’t pregnant at all.

Last edited by mm34b; 07-28-2008 at 06:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2007, 05:21 PM

129 posts, read 754,078 times
Thanks for the info. I had a Grandmother who grew up in the hills of West VA and she used to tell me old ghost stories and legends that would scare the "beejezus" out of me. So of course I now have some weird fascination with that kind of stuff. Since we're on the subject. How many have been to the lookout on 181 outside of Morganton looking for the Brown Mountain Lights?

Old 03-02-2008, 07:11 AM

2 posts, read 11,764 times
Default where is Charlie Lawson and his family buried?

I'd like to go see their graves. I watched a documentary on this tragedy.
[SIZE=2] They briefly showed the grave sites and I saw the wording on the markers, but the clip went so fast I couldn't make out the words. Does anyone know the name of the cemetary where he and his family is buried?[/SIZE]

Old 03-02-2008, 09:26 AM

5,660 posts, read 26,993,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvmyRott View Post
I'd like to go see their graves. I watched a documentary on this tragedy.
[SIZE=2] They briefly showed the grave sites and I saw the wording on the markers, but the clip went so fast I couldn't make out the words. Does anyone know the name of the cemetary where he and his family is buried?[/SIZE]
Browder Cemetery was established in 1908 near Walnut Cove in Stokes County.

http://www.triplebstables.org/hbghosthunters/video1.AVI

Last edited by mm34b; 03-02-2008 at 10:26 AM..

Old 03-02-2008, 06:38 PM

2 posts, read 11,764 times
Thanks, I plan on checking out the cemetery when I'm close by.

Old 03-05-2008, 02:04 PM

932 posts, read 1,272,777 times
netflix has it

Old 07-23-2008, 12:18 AM

9 posts, read 56,890 times
Default EVP Evidence...

Hi, my name is April and I am the founder and team leader of North Carolina Paranormal Research Society. I am all too familiar with the story of Charlie Lawson, as I have done extensive research on this murder.

I have also been to Browder Cemetery in Germanton (Walnut Cove), NC - final resting place of the Lawson family. I captured what can only be described as an incredible EVP of one of the Lawson children. We believe this voice to be of Raymond, who was 2 yrs. old at the time of his murder.

My friend and I were quite alone one dark night in that cemetery. I turned on the voice recorder and laid it upon Charlie Lawson's foot marker and walked to the upper end of the row of graves, to help my friend with a camcorder problem. We stayed for perhaps 30 minutes, asking if anyone wanted to say anything, as well as snapping pictures. Once we got home, we rewound the recorder and discovered the EVP, which gave us both chills, and brought tears to my eyes - which it still does each time I listen to it , from knowing it is a child who lost his life so tragically. This EVP is what prompted me to start my research team, because I now know that what I believed all along really is true - GHOSTS DO EXIST!!

If anyone would like to hear the EVP, the link is on our Myspace page - MySpace.com - North Carolina Paranormal Research Society - 42 - Female - EDEN, North Carolina - www.myspace.com/spiritsofthesouth

If you know of any places said to be haunted, please let us know: ncprs1@yahoocom - Thanks

April@NCPRS

Old 07-23-2008, 12:24 AM

9 posts, read 56,890 times
Here's the link to that EVP - it should open in RealPlayer...

http://www.hotlinkfiles.com/files/14...exactspot_.wav

Let me know what you think!

April@NCPRS

Last edited by mm34b; 07-23-2008 at 07:50 AM..

Old 06-08-2011, 08:09 AM

1 posts, read 3,162 times
could someone tell me how to get from concord nc to stokes county where the lawson murder took place. I am with a paranormal investigation team and would like to get permission and go there to check it out. If someone could get me some info here or you can send it to my e-mail at: [EMAIL="southern_country2009@yahoo.com"]southern_country2009@yahoo.com[/EMAIL] i would greatly appreciate it. thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina