U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-22-2007, 01:03 PM

10 posts, read 21,269 times
Default How many moving from Nebraska to North Carolina???

We, a family for four are planning to move from Nebraska to NC within the next six months. Just wondering how many have moved from NE to NC recently?
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2007, 01:44 PM

2,314 posts, read 20,957 times
You know that might be the only state I have not heard anyone moving here from.

Congrats on being the first

I am sure someone with something productive to say will chime in. Come on down and enjoy the weather

Old 03-22-2007, 04:08 PM

1,849 posts, read 3,893,921 times
Me either -- not working with anyone (yet ) from Nebraska. Come on down!

Old 03-22-2007, 04:38 PM

May be its a laid back state to a laid back state move but we are mainly moving for weather; good school systems - not that NE does not have good school systems and ofcourse needless to say the IT job market.

Old 03-23-2007, 08:31 AM

198 posts, read 653,160 times
I am not moving DIRECTLY from NE to NC, but I was born and raised in Omaha, NE- moved to Indianapolis during high school and now that I will be 30 I am moving to Raleigh, NC to get away from the Midwest once and for all. It's been a long time coming! So by this, I am slightly NE to NC

Old 03-24-2007, 04:28 AM

187 posts, read 629,069 times
I moved to Asheville from Omaha 3 years ago. We had been in Omaha for 5 years, having moved from the Washington, DC area before that.

We were a little down on the conservative mentality that permeated everything in Nebraska in general, and Omaha in particular. The topography didn't help - flat as a pancake (hiking and camping were impossible), and if we wanted a dose of individualism and culture, it meant a 6 to 8 hour drive to Boulder, Chicago, or Minneapolis. I think we just decided it was time to move to somewhere where we fit in a little better. We did a lot of research and narrowed it down to several spots in the Pacific NW as well as Asheville. Asheville won out because it put us a lot closer to family and it was by far the cheapest out of our favorite places. I would say that the latter might not be the case anymore, but it was a great move for us.

I always get a strange look from people when they find out where we moved from. Most people around here are ready to assume that you are moving from New York or Florida...

Old 03-24-2007, 02:29 PM

2 posts, read 5,098 times
Hi there! I was born in Beatrice, NE (Gage County) and everyone in my family, aside from my lovely grandparents, have removed to other parts of the US.

I plan to move to NC in 2008--I'd love to move sooner, but I think it'd be cruel to yank my daughter out of HS in the middle of her senior year!

See you there!

Old 03-26-2007, 09:41 AM

vandemusser, i think you said that right "I always get a strange look from people when they find out where we moved from. Most people around here are ready to assume that you are moving from New York or Florida... "
Most people here we talk to do not understand why we want to NC either. There is absolutely nothing to do in NE and me and my hubby both simply love outdoor activities...we get too bored out here and have to hibernate 5-6 months because of the cold weather.
We are still on the planning phase of the move; but we can hardly wait to move. We still have a lot of research to do on where exactly in NC we want to move.

Old 05-25-2009, 03:54 PM

1 posts, read 2,109 times
Default moving

We moved from Curtis (although we have lived in Stanton, Mitchell, and Omaha) for the past 12 years) July of 2007. We live in Carolina Trace Properties in Sanford (40 miles from Raleigh.) Although we miss the Nebraska people and sports, we love it here. No snow or ice for the most part.

Old 05-26-2009, 05:37 PM

3,146 posts, read 3,947,979 times
I've thought about moving from North Carolina to Nebraska! Even sent for some info from Nebraska Chamber or Commerce! Must be that "the grass always looks greener" thing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina