Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 10:08 AM

88 posts, read 250,714 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to take a poll on how many Cali families were moving to the Carolinas.

We're moving from Sacramento to the Union County area.

Also, if you've relocated from CA to NC already how are you liking it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2006, 11:04 AM

30 posts, read 111,349 times
We are also trying to move out of California (high desert region) to North Carolina. Haven't put house on the market yet. We were waiting for a transfer with hubby's company, but so far it hasn't panned out. Thinking about going it cold turkey, but don't know if we have the guts for that. We also have 3 small school age kids.

I want out of California so bad. I was raised in North Carolina, thought I would never want to go back.

I would like to move to Union County or in South Carolina over the border.
We'll see...

Old 06-27-2006, 11:18 AM

I'm just hoping that our family will love NC and not want to come back to CA. We are leaving lots of family and friends in CA. I think that's the saddest part.

Old 06-27-2006, 01:30 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,210,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeohana
I'm just hoping that our family will love NC and not want to come back to CA. We are leaving lots of family and friends in CA. I think that's the saddest part.

gee...can I participate in this post as well...since I am located just over the NC stateline in SC

Current Status:

relocated from So. CA 2 1/2 years ago (never want to go back to CA)....parents followed 8 months later (never want to go back to CA)...friends from CA will be arriving tomorrow for a week...this is their second visit since we have moved here (doing my best to get them to come back for good...will see).

Old 06-27-2006, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas
gee...can I participate in this post as well...since I am located just over the NC stateline in SC

Current Status:

relocated from So. CA 2 1/2 years ago (never want to go back to CA)....parents followed 8 months later (never want to go back to CA)...friends from CA will be arriving tomorrow for a week...this is their second visit since we have moved here (doing my best to get them to come back for good...will see).
Of course your welcome to participate! It's nice to know that you are enjoying SC/NC. Coming from SO Cal I would have thought you'd miss it. I am very encouraged! I'm hoping my parents will follow as well!

Old 06-27-2006, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Of course your welcome to participate! It's nice to know that you are enjoying SC/NC. Coming from SO Cal I would have thought you'd miss it. I am very encouraged! I'm hoping my parents will follow as well!
Thanks leeohana....me miss California?...heck no...the only thing I miss being out here is....Fish Tacos!

Old 06-27-2006, 08:09 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,584,448 times
Fish Tacos? That just SOUNDS like the smell alone would make you vomit.

Old 06-27-2006, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'minformed
Fish Tacos? That just SOUNDS like the smell alone would make you vomit.

are you not a fish eater? I must admit the first time I heard someone mention fish tacos I thought it was a little bizarre sounding...but then I tried one and was hooked from that point on. Now to top it off....could it be...is it true?....apparently Fish Tacos have found there way to....NEW YORK!..and they are a big hit!...so how about when you get back to your old stomping grounds...you give one a try and then let me know what you think...deal?

check this site out:

nymag.com/bestofny/food/2006/fishtaco/

Old 06-27-2006, 09:14 PM

Yes, fish taco's are the best! They are very big in Hawaii....surfer food....doesn't chili's serve fish tacos?....

Old 06-27-2006, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Yes, fish taco's are the best! They are very big in Hawaii....surfer food....doesn't chili's serve fish tacos?....

never seem them on the Chili's menus out here?

come on somebody out there...anybody?...who might have a million net worth (along with a few other small details) so we can open a Rubio's franchsie in the Carolina's?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina