U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-28-2009, 10:30 PM

3 posts, read 11,339 times
Smile Moving to Pinehurst, NC

I am planning to move to the Pinehurst, NC area in the next few months. Does anyone know of the safest areas to live in?.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2009, 08:28 PM

1 posts, read 9,843 times
Hi Francine,

Whispering Pines has the lowest crime rate in the area and they also have their own police department.

I have also heard that Longleaf Country club is also very low in crime

Most of Pinehurst also is very low.

The Pinehurst area is a wonderful place to live and I feel safe here.

Old 06-07-2009, 02:18 PM

5 posts, read 19,151 times
It depends, do you have kids? There are great neighborhoods in Southern Pines too that are very safe and good for kids.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:37 PM

1,670 posts, read 787,530 times
Check out the stats here on city data.

Pinehurst crime index is 42

US Average is 320

Lower is better. So, as you can see, crime is almost non existent here.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:57 PM

314 posts, read 668,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francine1 View Post
I am planning to move to the Pinehurst, NC area in the next few months. Does anyone know of the safest areas to live in?.
You lucky thing! My favorite place in all of NC and I don't even play golf.

Old 06-13-2009, 03:35 PM

59 posts, read 129,019 times
Check out the Chamber of Commerce when you get to town. Just up the road from Walmart. Very friendly people.

Old 01-30-2010, 11:52 AM

29 posts, read 71,377 times
Default Pinehurst Country Club Members

My husband and I are looking at Pinehurst NC. We golf and play tennis and will still be working (late 50s) but will be slowing down.

We have seen a number of different golf communities in the Pinehurst area.

Can someone give me a feel for who belongs to Pinehurst CC and the other divisions/clubs -- 7 Lakes, Whispering Pines, Southern Pines.

If one area more geared toward older, totally retired people?

Thanks

Old 04-04-2010, 04:53 PM

2 posts, read 16,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francine1 View Post
What's great about Pinehurst is MOST areas are safe to live in. I am a Realtor in Pinehurst, and have found that there are so many neighborhoods that are safe and also so many different neighborhoods geared towards certain lifesyles, that there is a little bit of everything for anyone moving here. Let me know if you need some more details.

Old 04-04-2010, 04:56 PM

2 posts, read 16,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdimauro View Post
My husband and I are looking at Pinehurst NC. We golf and play tennis and will still be working (late 50s) but will be slowing down.

We have seen a number of different golf communities in the Pinehurst area.

Can someone give me a feel for who belongs to Pinehurst CC and the other divisions/clubs -- 7 Lakes, Whispering Pines, Southern Pines.

If one area more geared toward older, totally retired people?

Thanks
There are areas geared more towards retired people, and then there are areas with a semi-retired feel to it. It all depends on what you are looking for. I am a Realtor in the area and have found that many of the different courses have amenities that will appeal to younger families, and others that definitely appeal to the retired crowd. Let me know if you would like some more information on them.

Old 04-04-2010, 06:28 PM

7,813 posts, read 10,075,810 times
The whole "Sandhills" area (Southern Pines, Pinehurst, Aberdeen, Seven Lakes, Whispering Pines, etc) is VERY geared toward retired folks--affluent retired folks specifically, and it's a great idea if you love golf because that is the "religion" there.

Joining Pinehurst Country Club? I know it is very expensive; my dad and his wife used to belong because she had joined with her first husband, but now they are just "social" members and I think may be dropping that, too. I don't know what kind of "rigamarole" you have to go through to become a member.

My dad lives in Seven Lakes, which has a nice small golf course and a very hometown feel (we had a house there since the early 80s, which he remodeled and retired to full-time with my mother. Now he's on his second wife but they still love 7L). Bear in mind that all of the communities interact and wherever you live, you will visit Southern Pines, Aberdeen, etc all the time to go shopping, and likely do a lot in Pinehurst since a lot of cultural things go through there and the hotel is beautiful at the Holidays, etc.

So, I don't think it would make a huge difference where you lived because you'd be going to all of the little towns all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina