Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2009, 01:20 PM

1 posts, read 2,201 times

Advertisements

Hello. Im 19 years old and my family is moving to NC after living in NY my entire life. All I know is Long Island and NYC, and im really scared to make this move but I have to because im not independant + need to start schooling.

Basically my father's company is located in Wilson, NC (wherever that is). My mom was saying she was looking at Greenville, Black Creek, MiddleSex, and parts of Raleigh.

Here are my questions to anyone who can help--

--Im a gay male, and im used to living in one of the most liberal and accepting places in this country, that mixed with knowing NOTHING about north carolina... im scared. What is the gay life like down there? I like going to clubs but are most clubs 21+ ??

-- the most important thing to me is getting enrolled in college. i plan on going to a community colleges and which ones do you think are the best?? im thinking of business management.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2009, 06:17 PM

1,490 posts, read 5,985,615 times
Check the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill/Cary folder. There have been several posts about gay friendly areas in the Triangle. I don't think you will have a big problem besides the normal culture shock of living in NC.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:22 PM

444 posts, read 1,143,989 times
Be prepared for it though. But always keep an opened mind.

Old 03-31-2009, 06:20 AM

917 posts, read 2,299,304 times
Greenville has a fairly large gay community as well as some great clubs. The clubs let kids in that are younger, they just can't get served. My daughter has quite a few gay friends and they are mostly 17 or 18. The community colleges are all pretty good, they have different programs so you look into different ones and go wherever fits best. They ALL have the program to transfer to a 4 year college in your junior year if that's what you want. Wilson, Middlesex and any other rural area will not be a good fit for you but you should be fine in Greenville or Raleigh. Keep asking questions and we will try our best to help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina