U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-12-2006, 06:24 PM

2,295 posts, read 165,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2boys
Well, since I started this thread, I thought I'd give my 2 cents on how we did it. I think we got really lucky, I'm still holding my breath until we sign papers in escrow, but I really think everything is good. A man with an investment company came a knockin, and looked the house over, and said he'd take it- (like he was buying a loaf of bread!) at the price we wanted. (a fair price). He happened to drive by our house, saw our FSBO sign, and that was that. He's also a realtor, so he took care of the paperwork at NO cost to us. And it's an extremely fast closing (2 wks), because he's on a deadline. (something about a 10/31). He is going to rent it out to an older couple he's dealt with for 12 yrs, who want to be in our town. This is where their grandkids are. Oh, and no inspection even. He just said it looks good. Kind of crazy, if you ask me, but I won't argue. (and I was the one complaining!) So, I won't say FSBO is a bad way to go, it just takes a little patience. And a little luck.

His Name is not Lee Williams is it? Is he a tall guy with a beard and a southern accent. Big guy. Did he have a woman named Laurie with him? Please tell me No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2006, 06:32 PM

1,126 posts, read 2,763,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700
His Name is not Lee Williams is it? Is he a tall guy with a beard and a southern accent. Big guy. Did he have a woman named Laurie with him? Please tell me No.
Go to the DRE web site and make sure he is a Real Estate agent or Broker.

Old 07-12-2006, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoAlley
Go to the DRE web site and make sure he is a Real Estate agent or Broker.
The guy that ripped me off in Vegas was a Real agent too with a suspened license. We were on the news in Vegas in 1990.

Old 07-12-2006, 07:02 PM

Quote:
The guy that ripped me off in Vegas was a Real agent too with a suspened license. We were on the news in Vegas in 1990.
More the reason to check! Call the Broker and check him/her out. The fine for operating without a license or suspended is $100 I think. No big deal really. Hire a outside escrow agency. NOT one he/she recommends.

Old 07-12-2006, 08:28 PM

169 posts, read 381,986 times
Ok, you guys are making me paranoid! No, his name wasn't Lee Williams. He's lived in our town for the past 16 yrs, and our boys were actually on the same basketball team last year. He coaches a basketball team here year around, and my son and his go to school together (or they did). He's also really involved in the community (we only have around 6,000 people here), so I really think he's on the up and up. If not, then I will be the biggest sucker ever lived! I guess we'll see on the 24th (when we sign at escrow). Well, we'll have the funds on the 31st, so that will tell for sure. Oh, trust me, you guys will be the first ones to hear if something goes wrong!

Old 07-12-2006, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Ok, you guys are making me paranoid! No, his name wasn't Lee Williams. He's lived in our town for the past 16 yrs, and our boys were actually on the same basketball team last year. He coaches a basketball team here year around, and my son and his go to school together (or they did). He's also really involved in the community (we only have around 6,000 people here), so I really think he's on the up and up. If not, then I will be the biggest sucker ever lived! I guess we'll see on the 24th (when we sign at escrow). Well, we'll have the funds on the 31st, so that will tell for sure. Oh, trust me, you guys will be the first ones to hear if something goes wrong!
Remember, no one ever says, "I am going to steal from you". Personally, I wouldn't gamble my house to a quick deed. Not saying anything bad will happen. To much to loose for me. How many times do you hear on the news, "he was a nice neighbor, never thought he would (fill in the blank)"?

Old 07-12-2006, 08:45 PM

Quote:

This guy was an investor that ripped us. He came to buy our house and said he was gonna sell it this older couple. He said he would do all the paperwork I gave him like a dummy my lot block and tract number. What he ended up doing was clouding my title and selling it another couple without our knowledge. We couldn't get the cloud off our title. We called the news and some big shot Vegas RE attorney took our case pro-bono. It took several months to get him off.

Then we testified against him for the DA and he had a string of people he did he same thing too.

Needless to say hubby and I both got our RE licenses we want to do our own transactions.

I don't want to scare you but when I read that it sounded exactly like what happened to me. My hair stood on end when I read it. Even the old couple was in my scenerio.

Old 07-12-2006, 08:46 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,279 posts, read 4,544,173 times
Quote:
This guy was an investor that ripped us. He came to buy our house and said he was gonna sell it this older couple. He said he would do all the paperwork I gave him like a dummy my lot block and tract number. What he ended up doing was clouding my title and selling it another couple without our knowledge. We couldn't get the cloud off our title. We called the news and some big shot Vegas RE attorney took our case pro-bono. It took several months to get him off.

Then we testified against him for the DA and he had a string of people he did he same thing too.

Needless to say hubby and I both got our RE licenses we want to do our own transactions.

I don't want to scare you but when I read that it sounded exactly like what happened to me. My hair stood on end when I read it. Even the old couple was in my scenerio.
wow- that's awful! Did he end up in jail?

Old 07-12-2006, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069
wow- that's awful! Did he end up in jail?

They put him jail after the hearing. The Judge said no bond but the Judge also said he wasn't sure if he could do that. A couple of weeks later I guess they could not hold him wthout a bond and he got bailed out and skipped town. This was in 1990.

It was big news in the LV newspaper.

Old 07-12-2006, 09:01 PM

169 posts, read 381,986 times
Oh my gosh, that is terrible! See, my husband and I are the "nice" couple, and unfortunately, we're gullible at times as well. Well, I guess I should say too trusting. Sometimes it just amazes us what people will do. That guy is incredible! I'm sure we'll be fine...... I think!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina