Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 08:14 PM

170 posts, read 566,318 times

Advertisements

Thank you Vicki, that was very helpful. I truly am not as clueless as these posts sound, we've just never dealt with this before, and with our mortgage friend telling us "don't talk to any realtors, you can easily sell by owner, you're house is in such demand!" well, this is all new to us. And no, I don't think you are a "dirty" realtor. . Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2006, 08:24 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,241,694 times
Thanks momof2boys...I appreciate your kind words. I really just try to be helpful. Today I was with a client from 1 until 6 and then ran to write up an offer for another client and just got home at 8:30. THIS is my relaxation...tv bores me so I like to get on here and feel like I can help people and its free. I don't ask for nuttin! Although most of the time, you guys have a great sense of humor and I enjoy reading the posts. I've lived here so long that sometimes I forget the things that people want to know and the places that people want to know about so this helps me, in some respect. And for the guy who said I was a "dirty" Realtor...I just took a bubble bath!!! Vicki

Old 06-28-2006, 08:42 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,828,194 times
Well momof 2, we have had our house for sale since Feb, 5 months and 13 open houses later-nothing. We interviewed 3 realtors and are going to resign with our current one. It's terribly slow. A home in our track just sold and it was a help u sale type thing, his house had been for sale quite a while before we put ours up. The 2 couples that were interested were shown by appointment but chose other homes. Our first few open houses we had a lot of neighbors come through but then we tore our house down to the studs and added 700 sq ft so I am sure people wanted to see what we had done.

I know how you feel, thought we would see spring in NC, then May for the NASCAR race and speed street, then June far a BBQ with a classic car club. Not going to make July 4th. Now I am hoping for Labor Day.

Old 06-28-2006, 09:26 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,588,635 times
Skipping summer in NC isn't a bad thing.... it's like skipping winter in New England.

Old 06-28-2006, 09:32 PM

170 posts, read 566,318 times
I am so sorry, nascarnancy! Wow, that's a long time, and a lot of open houses! Ok, so now I don't feel so bad. Heck, I hope when I wish you all a merry Christmas, I'm sitting at my computer in my NEW LIVING ROOM! Good luck, I know something will come up soon.

Old 06-28-2006, 09:34 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,828,194 times
Yeah, I have heard that July and Aug were the "warm" months. Although it was 103 at our house today. We have actually been quite humid here in So Cal, even had a downpour last night. Now it's turning into that dry hot desert heat. I work about 5 miles from the beach and it was pretty warm this afternoon, no ocean breeze.

Old 06-30-2006, 07:16 AM

741 posts, read 3,510,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2boys
Just curious, and very FRUSTRATED! Our house has been for sale for a little while now, and no bites. We are selling it FSBO, and I'm not sure it's working. No offense to realtors, but they are hounding us, and coming out of the woodwork! They want to add their commission to our asking price, so we'll still get what we want. I've had 6 realtors call me in 2 days! I don't know, I'm leary of this, this is the 1st house we've sold, so this is all new to us. Have any of you out there actually sold by owner? Sorry, just needed to vent, schools going to start before you know it, and then I don't know what we'll do if we don't sell soon. They start 3 wks earlier out there! It's getting hard thinking about NC right now, it seems so out of reach!
The Market is terrible. Have you tried burying the statue of ST. Joseph? It should be blessed and buried upside down in your front yard facing the street.I know people who swear by this. I used it also and it worked. Good Luck

Old 06-30-2006, 07:48 AM

132 posts, read 403,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2boys
Just curious, and very FRUSTRATED! Our house has been for sale for a little while now, and no bites. We are selling it FSBO, and I'm not sure it's working. No offense to realtors, but they are hounding us, and coming out of the woodwork! They want to add their commission to our asking price, so we'll still get what we want. I've had 6 realtors call me in 2 days! I don't know, I'm leary of this, this is the 1st house we've sold, so this is all new to us. Have any of you out there actually sold by owner? Sorry, just needed to vent, schools going to start before you know it, and then I don't know what we'll do if we don't sell soon. They start 3 wks earlier out there! It's getting hard thinking about NC right now, it seems so out of reach!
Sorry to hear your house isn't selling. The market isn't as hot as it used to be (despite what realtors will tell you, it is common sense, look at how many houses have been on the market, one here for over a year and no bites). Then again that is good for us buyers.

As far as FSBO, that is the only way I would go for selling. No offense to any realtor either. Buying is different and we will be using a buyers agent to buy our home, but selling, it isn't necessary unless you are running in to trouble. My dad sold our old house in 2 weeks of just listing it in the paper FSBO. Then when my parents went to purchase the house they have now, the person selling had an agent, but my parents did not. They found the house they wanted, however, it was over the price they wanted to pay. So my dad told the realtor that she would have to take less commission. She didn't like that, but guess what... she only got 3% not 6% to put the house in my parent's price range.

After trying to buy a house for over 3 years, going to all of the seminars I can squeeze into my schedule and dealing with about 10 different real estate agents up and down the east coast I have found that it really just depends on you, how badly you need to sell, and that all agents are different. I had an agent recently tell me that I couldn't get a rental in Raleigh area in my price range, I had another agent send me like 10. So it all depends on the character of the agent. Either they honestly want to help you, or they want to help themselves.

My personal advice, is just go to the local library and read more about FSBO and how to do it better than what you may already be doing (I don't know how you are going about it) that is all my dad did. Good luck!

Old 06-30-2006, 07:54 AM

2,290 posts, read 5,544,627 times
Although we just listed our home, the homes in our neighborhood have been on the market for an average of about 6 months. And if you list it too late in the summer, it's likely that it'll sit all winter without a nibble.

For reasons I can't explain, the Colorado housing market is not in great shape. Our foreclosure rates are among the highest in the nation, and it doesn't seem to be getting better anytime soon.

What I think is very spooky, is that each of my neighbors in our mountain neighborhood have their homes on the market. If I were a buyer, I'd be wondering what the heck was going on in that neighborhood.

Anyway, if you know people who've always wanted to live in Colorado, now's the time.

Old 06-30-2006, 08:00 AM

1,035 posts, read 2,906,978 times
Advertising is the key, when advertising, you want to note the hihglights to get people to come see it...Read ads, realtors do this...if you are in a desirable school district note that....if something is not advertsied there is a reason, all the ad is designed to make the phone ring..and get people to come see the house....while a realtor may bring more people to see the house..(case in point-mist buyers use a realtor because it costs them nothing (in most cases)....if a house is priced right and in a good location, it will sell...current market conditions will have an impact too so take all these things into consideration....don't try to answer so many questions by phone...if someone is serious, they will come and see it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina