U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 11:27 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,769 posts, read 6,765,231 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2006, 12:37 AM

1,261 posts, read 3,897,080 times
So do I, Mike. So do I.

Old 06-30-2006, 05:41 AM

12,025 posts, read 28,334,909 times
Have you ever wondered why some people have a bad experience and others have a wonderful experience doing the exact same thing? Could it be the attitude of those involved??? You can't blame others for your own problems and if you have a bad experience with someone...stop and wonder if it was something you did or a negative vibe that you gave off??? I live in North Raleigh, very educated area and we don't complain that the "yankees" are the problem here. Do we HAVE problems??? Vicki

Old 06-30-2006, 06:17 AM

1,035 posts, read 2,653,671 times
Well said Vicki- I think those of us looking to relo to NC need to put everything in perspective...forums are not only a way for people to research information but also a place for those to place ideas for their own agenda...

Don't believe everything you read.

There are many out there who appear so bitter about the "yankees" trying to change their area...this is their perception and I do not believe the entire state of NC has it out for those of the north.

There are some that welcome it, (yes I do know a some southerners who are happy to see many areas that lost income and jobs (that had nothing to do with us yankees) see some revitalization in the area...

I have spoken to many people who relocated from the north and in their years there have never had a problem as a yankee...in many of the areas which are a target for people to come, most are not even from NC....

A lot of other people are also relocating, many from abroad, the midwest as well as the western areas...(it is interesting to see not a lot of negativity towards these people)

I do not doubt there are those who do feel a certain way, but as I stated before, this is ONE forum, there are many out there with no negativity...

Many sites do away with these forums for the exact reason and have Blogs instead...

Someone said to me the reason why you see more negativity on a forum is because people with no agenda or issues usually are not here...they are happy, enjoying their life so need not be here...

Once you make your decision to go or not, then the opinions of others do not really matter and those people you no longer see post here...the ones that remain either are trying to help others find their way or still trying to force their agenda on others...

I have come to learn who those people are....

Again, while there are some things expressed that are facts and can be backed up (ie-tax rates) most of what is expressed is an opinion...

With that said, everyone needs to find what makes them happy and fit the needs of themselves individually...

Forums can be a great place, just like everything else, but this forum is not the last word on the state of north carolina

Old 10-03-2006, 06:40 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,769 posts, read 6,765,231 times
Default 4 months later, revised a little ..

Old 10-03-2006, 06:47 PM

10,017 posts, read 17,020,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Have you ever wondered why some people have a bad experience and others have a wonderful experience doing the exact same thing? Could it be the attitude of those involved??? You can't blame others for your own problems and if you have a bad experience with someone...stop and wonder if it was something you did or a negative vibe that you gave off??? I live in North Raleigh, very educated area and we don't complain that the "yankees" are the problem here. Do we HAVE problems??? Vicki
Or it could be there are just some not nice people around.

Old 10-03-2006, 06:49 PM

2,115 posts, read 6,450,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post

Mike,

Please send one to my home address. If it runs on the small side, I'll take a "L."

SL

Old 10-03-2006, 06:51 PM

2,115 posts, read 6,450,323 times
OK, I feel rather guilty about lying ... make that an "XL."

SL

Old 10-03-2006, 06:57 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,901,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
I have met some many people that move to AZ and when they get here right off the bat they are putting Phoenicians down and complaining about everything and constanting bragging about NY in every breath. How can this not aggrevate people. I don't know why they move and are here for 1 week and complain. Why would you move from NY and then brag about it, in your new place? I really like Phoenix and I don't plan on comparing everything I don't like and whining to people and bragging about how much I like AZ. I probably will whine about being cold though

Old 10-03-2006, 07:18 PM

21,641 posts, read 30,253,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saralee View Post
Mike,

Please send one to my home address. If it runs on the small side, I'll take a "L."

SL
Are you selling these???? You can tell I LOVE it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or