U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-02-2007, 08:44 AM
MB2 MB2 started this thread
 
Location: Sebastian/ FL
3,496 posts, read 8,698,132 times
Reputation: 2700

Advertisements

Yes, unlike my screen name seems like, we are moving to NC instead.
The question is WHERE??
We narrowed it down to 3 choices, and hope to get some info and input an that.
Mooresville, Kannapolis and Concord.
Most NC people are nice and friendly....so, I'm not worried about that at all. (Or should I be???)
Like every other young family would I like to get the most house, for my money (it better be, since I will be working for it for the next 30 years...lol)
I have heard that a major concern is traffic? Is that correct?
And one other question...where is the smithfield pork plant located at? (Don't laugh at me if it is in "Smithfield"...lol...still don't know, where that is)
My co-workers were telling me horrorstories about those pig waste pools, and how it is poisoning the area.
Anybody know anything about that??? Or are they just making those things up, because they don't want me moving??? LOL
Info please....Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-02-2007, 01:22 PM
 
11 posts, read 35,903 times
Reputation: 10
Well at least you have a good attitude about moving! (: I am a NC native and don't know what they are talking about as far as pig waste pools. Farmers use pigs waste as fertilizer for their crops but that is on their own land. Now Smithfields is also a Barbeque place that is only in NC. True NC BBQ sauce is vinegar based. It is the BEST place to stop in for a BBQ sandwich. Spotless place to eat. You can buy the sauce right off the counter, I bet you'll be hooked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2007, 01:24 PM
 
11 posts, read 35,903 times
Reputation: 10
Also have you thought about moving toward the coast, like Wilmington. Awesome place. College town, they have made motion pictures there and has a ton of history, and of course you are right by the beach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2007, 02:35 PM
 
Location: in a house
3,574 posts, read 13,119,224 times
Reputation: 2341
Quote:
Originally Posted by nani View Post
Well at least you have a good attitude about moving! (: I am a NC native and don't know what they are talking about as far as pig waste pools. Farmers use pigs waste as fertilizer for their crops but that is on their own land. Now Smithfields is also a Barbeque place that is only in NC. True NC BBQ sauce is vinegar based. It is the BEST place to stop in for a BBQ sandwich. Spotless place to eat. You can buy the sauce right off the counter, I bet you'll be hooked.
Lagoons. I think she's referring to the lagoons on the farms closer to the coast that overflowed during Floyd....... They're probably contract farms for Smithfield Company meat processors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2007, 02:38 PM
 
Location: Cornelius
2,314 posts, read 2,117,577 times
Reputation: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingBack2PA View Post
Yes, unlike my screen name seems like, we are moving to NC instead.
The question is WHERE??
We narrowed it down to 3 choices, and hope to get some info and input an that.
Mooresville, Kannapolis and Concord.
Most NC people are nice and friendly....so, I'm not worried about that at all. (Or should I be???)
Like every other young family would I like to get the most house, for my money (it better be, since I will be working for it for the next 30 years...lol)
I have heard that a major concern is traffic? Is that correct?
And one other question...where is the smithfield pork plant located at? (Don't laugh at me if it is in "Smithfield"...lol...still don't know, where that is)
My co-workers were telling me horrorstories about those pig waste pools, and how it is poisoning the area.
Anybody know anything about that??? Or are they just making those things up, because they don't want me moving??? LOL
Info please....Thanks!

you should post under the Charlotte forum for answers about Mooresville etc. You prob get a little more response.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2007, 06:03 PM
 
Location: Concord, NC
1,418 posts, read 6,384,295 times
Reputation: 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteAgent View Post
you should post under the Charlotte forum for answers about Mooresville etc. You prob get a little more response.
This would be a good idea.

The hog farms you're talking about are mainly in the eastern part of NC. The Charlotte area's in the west/central.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2007, 04:56 PM
MB2 MB2 started this thread
 
Location: Sebastian/ FL
3,496 posts, read 8,698,132 times
Reputation: 2700
Thank's guys, for all the helpful input
We went up to NC, looked around, and didn't want to come back to FL!!!!
I was ABSOLUTELY surprised on how friendly and down to earth the people are up there (unlike where I live!!!)
In just 2 days I got so spoiled and enjoyed being treated so good, that me nor my husband wanted to head back to FL. But, we had to...because we have to pack up, and LEAVE!!!! YAHOOOOOOO!!!!!
To move from PA to FL was the biggest mistake ever, and pretty much left us broke. (Thank's to everything what went on in that state)
Love NC and love you people there! Stay true, and don't get ruined......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2007, 08:39 PM
 
1 posts, read 2,274 times
Reputation: 10
You may have already moved - but if you want a better commute to downtown - you will say alot of time if you move to Cornelius or Huntersville - just a couple exits down. Good Luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2007, 06:53 PM
MB2 MB2 started this thread
 
Location: Sebastian/ FL
3,496 posts, read 8,698,132 times
Reputation: 2700
Default help...help...help....

OK...here I am ...again.
We are pinning for in or near Mooresville, so to give my husband to chance to find work. So, we would be kind of like "a little in the middle" to everything. He is a bartender/ barmanager, and looking for a job in a fine dining restaurant. Problem is, in order to have a rental house, we need for him to be employed. Any advice at all? Any need/ leads for bartending/ barmanaging jobs in/ near mooresville, or surrounding areas? We are in a real dilemma, and have to act, since we will be homeless may 5th. (Closing for new buyers on our house in FL)
Any info, advice is GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thank's!
P.S.If anything..can someone please tell me some names from fine dining restaurants in or near mooresville?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2007, 06:58 PM
 
Location: Mayberry
32,064 posts, read 13,093,086 times
Reputation: 68573
My brother lives in Mooresville and I live in Mt. Airy. Down near Mooresville, Huntersville is growing rapidly. when I go visit him, I see $$$. Its traffic is bad, but the economy is growing. Looks like lots of opportunity to me. My folks are in Mt Airy, that is why I am still up here. We all moved here from CA. Love it here!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top