Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2007, 08:58 PM
NDG NDG started this thread

4 posts, read 9,600 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am an original Southerner from AL move to San Diego, CA 3 years ago and now want to move back to southern town feel but not as slow as AL. I am a registered nurse and have looked at possible employment opps in Raleigh, NC and Charlotte, NC. For one thing I have a teenager and a toddler, both with very different needs- one daycare, one high-school/college. I have read other post but need an insiders point of view regarding these two cities and the availability of good area support for working parents to include childcare needs met, support for single parents, activities- social/cultural/educational/skate parks for children development and good employment opps for nurses as well as house rentals as I am unsure about buying a home until I know I want to live there for a long time?

Would love an insiders input regarding my concerns on relocation.

Thanks in advance
NDG
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2007, 12:38 PM

1 posts, read 3,719 times
Dear NDG,

My name is Nacole Cunningham. I have an 11-month old daughter, Addison Grace. I have an Undergraduate Degree in Finance and I am very close to a Master's in Business Admin.

Recently, my daughter had a very serious fall and after many trips to the pediatrician and x-ray techs, we have found that she is fine with no major injuries. However, this event has made me extremely grateful for her health, our insurance, and God's grace. I have been up nights thinking about how lucky I am and wondering how I can give back in some way. As corny as it sounds, I believe in Karma and that this was God's way of showing me my life's purpose. When I think about in what way I can help people, single moms keep popping into my head.

I would like to possibly meet with you and offer my services in any way I can. Maybe I could provide childcare until you find a local job and permanent childcare. Then I could sit down with you and make a personal financial plan for you so that your and your children's future are secure.

Please let me know what you think. I am open to any other suggestions you may have.

Thanks,

Nacole

Old 04-28-2007, 12:46 PM

770 posts, read 3,679,796 times
Someone in another post recommended trianglemommies.com I have not had a chance to look through it. They say that it has a lot of information and from mommies like you

Old 04-28-2007, 05:56 PM

191 posts, read 235,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDG View Post
I am an original Southerner ...

I am a registered nurse....
WELCOME! God bless you for coming back "home." We need more like you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina