U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 02:41 PM

45,160 posts, read 57,194,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
Next on the agenda, Flatulence. Flatulence is quite offensive and can't be all that good to breath in either. I'd like a ban on that please. No pooting in public.

Oh, and body odor. I'm not sure which is worse, having to smell someone bathed in chemicals and perfume or someone who has a terrible body odor. Again, is it healthy to have to breath that air? What about those poor ladies who work at the mall cosmetic counters? They have to breath in all that perfume...it's probably killing them. Save the make-up ladies...write to Raleigh today!!

While we are at it, we should eliminate air conditioners and heat pumps. Not only are they huge consumers of energy (killing the polar bears) but they require windows and doors in homes to be closed resulting in indoor air pollution. What's the sense in having clean air in bars and restaurants when we have dirty air at home? So, open the windows and install a house fan, save a polar bear and your lungs!!
~snort~ choked on my sweet tea dad gum it!

Old 05-14-2009, 02:42 PM

35,587 posts, read 43,894,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
Next on the agenda, Flatulence. Flatulence is quite offensive and can't be all that good to breath in either. I'd like a ban on that please. No pooting in public.

Oh, and body odor. I'm not sure which is worse, having to smell someone bathed in chemicals and perfume or someone who has a terrible body odor. Again, is it healthy to have to breath that air? What about those poor ladies who work at the mall cosmetic counters? They have to breath in all that perfume...it's probably killing them. Save the make-up ladies...write to Raleigh today!!

While we are at it, we should eliminate air conditioners and heat pumps. Not only are they huge consumers of energy (killing the polar bears) but they require windows and doors in homes to be closed resulting in indoor air pollution. What's the sense in having clean air in bars and restaurants when we have dirty air at home? So, open the windows and install a house fan, save a polar bear and your lungs!!
The campaign to dictate what restaurants serve - and how they prepare food - and disclosure as to caloric count and fats, etc. has already started. Watch news reports and story segments carefully. You will see this is the next front for saving Americans from themselves.

Having Body odor may become politically correct, as actually, there have been studies that suggest aluminum chlorhydrates (sp) can be linked to cancer. So giving up antiperspirants will probably become the thing to do.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:46 PM

1,851 posts, read 1,190,849 times
I think the next step has to be ........Eliminate any and all public and federal references to God, the Bible, Jesus, Mohammad, Allah ...the Koran who ever and what ever.

No billboards ......no advertising on my TV and no talk of it in public!!!

I get deeply offended and disturbed by any reference, advertisment or mention of anything religion-based.

Ban it!!!!

Old 05-14-2009, 02:47 PM

1,053 posts, read 1,463,501 times
I don't think I could be more to the point, as I stated in a previous post:

I personally believe, that U.S. Americans, are <against the ban>, because some people out there, in our nation don’t have <bans>. and...I believe that our education like such as in South Africa,
and the Iraq, everywhere like such as… and, I believe they should uh, our education over here,
in the U.S. should help the U.S., or should help South Africa, and should help the Iraq and Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future, for us.

(try and keep up here j482....)

Old 05-14-2009, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Having Body odor may become politically correct, as actually, there have been studies that suggest aluminum chlorhydrates (sp) can be linked to cancer. So giving up antiperspirants will probably become the thing to do.

That's why I've been using Deoderant without aluminum chlorhydrates for decades.

Even in my teens, I sensed something seriously wrong with applying something to your body that prevents perspiration. Afterall, it's a natural body function.

One wouldn't apply something to one's butt to prevent the natural body fucnction of that area. Would they? We would never purposely try to prevent ourselves from urinating. Would we

Deoderants with no aluminum chlorhydrates and mild scent ....is the way to go. But I'm not campaigning for the government to step in.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman1200 View Post
I don't think I could be more to the point, as I stated in a previous post:

I personally believe, that U.S. Americans, are <against the ban>, because some people out there, in our nation donít have <bans>. and...I believe that our education like such as in South Africa,
and the Iraq, everywhere like such asÖ and, I believe they should uh, our education over here,
in the U.S. should help the U.S., or should help South Africa, and should help the Iraq and Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future, for us.

(try and keep up here j482....)
I hope you have one hell of show planned for the talent portion of this pagent. One hell of whopping show.

Old 05-14-2009, 03:00 PM

1,053 posts, read 1,463,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
I hope you have one hell of show planned for the talent portion of this pagent. One hell of whopping show.
yes, synchronized pooting.

Old 05-14-2009, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman1200 View Post
yes, synchronized pooting.

Not In My State!!!!!

Old 05-14-2009, 03:08 PM

Now I'll seriously consider moving to South Carolina.

They have some smoking laws, too. But not quite to the extent of what North Carolina just did.

Old 05-14-2009, 03:30 PM

5,970 posts, read 12,411,361 times
Hubby was talking about the sugar tax this morning. I didn't think he was joking, except he said something about how to not tax diet soda. Hmmmm...so all ya soda lovers, gubmint is watching out for your diabetes and your weight, at the same time being creative at raising all the money for universal health care!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina