Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 08:24 AM

2 posts, read 9,908 times

Advertisements

I already failed the written test 2 times and i dont want to fail it again i read the dmv book and i still cant find to pass it. I heard that there are cheat sheets to help you pass the test can anyone pass it to me or tell me where can i download them. Yesterday i was on a website but i had to pay and im 17 years old i dont have a credit card. can anyone help me??

Last edited by Bo; 06-07-2009 at 09:08 AM.. Reason: Moved from About the Forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2009, 08:46 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,042,585 times
With all due respect, if you have not passed the test, you're not ready to drive. Study the book and have someone quiz you on the questions so that you're able to answer them. Then relax, try it again, and maybe the third time is the charm. Good luck.

Old 06-07-2009, 02:06 PM

2 posts, read 9,908 times
well i always miss 6 questions and is supposed to be 5 so is not that far and i study alot

Old 06-08-2009, 05:24 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,436,169 times
If you are still missing questions, then you haven't studied enough. I know you say you've studied a lot, but sometimes some people have to study something more than others. Instead of looking for ways to cheat, invest more time and pass the test through knowledge. Earn the license, don't buy it! If you can't pass the test, you have not earned the privilege to drive!

Old 11-16-2009, 06:08 AM

1 posts, read 4,029 times
Charley and JDLJR,

Stop being so arrogant. I am an engineer and have an IQ over 150 and I got 4 questions wrong. If it wasn't for the cheat sheet, I don't think I would have passed. Unfortunately, I cannot find the cheat sheet again, because my wife now needs to pass the test.

The problem is because this state is the dumbest I have been in. Seriously people, there is a reason why NC is mocked nationally. A lot of questions don't make logical sense, or go against other states rules of the road. Ever watch 4 NC people try and figure out a 4 way stop? There is nearly a wreck every time!! Maybe NC should stop turning people into psuedo lawyers and asking so many questions about their points system, and focus more time on teaching the proper way to drive. Like staying in the right lane unless you are PASSING!!! This is BY FAR the worst state for driving, and the rediculous DMV test is just the begining of the problems....

Old 11-16-2009, 06:15 AM

2,668 posts, read 7,157,144 times
So, what are these "cheat sheets?" Are they study aids, or are they designed to take into the test with you? If they're study aids, then I have no problem with them. But if you have to take something into the test with you to pass, then I agree with Charley and jdl--I don't want to share the road with people who cheated on their driving test!

And stanger, given that NC goes "against other states rules of the road" as you say, that's all the more reason to study the handbook so you know the rules!

Old 11-16-2009, 08:19 AM

873 posts, read 1,803,950 times
What's that IQ again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger86 View Post
rediculous

Old 11-16-2009, 06:38 PM

540 posts, read 1,678,774 times
If you have to think about what to do at a 4 way stop, you don't belong driving. Also, if you need a cheat sheet, you don't belong driving.

Try reading portions of the book aloud, even if it's to yourself or your dog/cat, etc. Use a highlighter, and treat it like you were studying for a high school/college exam. The more ways you do it, the more you will remember. Make flash cards if you have to! Who cares, how you do it!! How much you want to bet you won't even get 4 wrong the next time you go? It really is a proven theory that if you use 3 methods to study, your chances of success go up.

Good luck!!!

Old 11-16-2009, 06:54 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,436,169 times
Quote:
Charley and JDLJR,

Stop being so arrogant. I am an engineer and have an IQ over 150 and I got 4 questions wrong. If it wasn't for the cheat sheet, I don't think I would have passed. Unfortunately, I cannot find the cheat sheet again, because my wife now needs to pass the test.

The problem is because this state is the dumbest I have been in. Seriously people, there is a reason why NC is mocked nationally. A lot of questions don't make logical sense, or go against other states rules of the road. Ever watch 4 NC people try and figure out a 4 way stop? There is nearly a wreck every time!! Maybe NC should stop turning people into psuedo lawyers and asking so many questions about their points system, and focus more time on teaching the proper way to drive. Like staying in the right lane unless you are PASSING!!! This is BY FAR the worst state for driving, and the rediculous DMV test is just the begining of the problems....
Arrogance has nothing to do with it. It's called integrity and honesty. I stand by my original post and will make no apologies for it. If you can't pass the test, you don't belong on the road. Period.

Old 11-16-2009, 07:38 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,524,911 times
Quote:

The problem is because this state is the dumbest I have been in. Seriously people, there is a reason why NC is mocked nationally.
And you still moved here, while calling others dumb

Perhaps you should have read the drivers handbook, and recommend that your wife does also. It's not rocket science, common sense and a little knowledge of the rules serves most people very well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina