U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2009, 11:32 AM

2 posts, read 10,598 times

Advertisements

My husband is looking in a new job in Lumberton, NC at the hospital. We currently live in Washington, NC a very small town near the coast. I haven't heard any good things about the area much less the surrounding areas either. He often has to drive from here to Chesterfield, SC so he pass through quite often.

Any ideas on places to live? Whether it be NC or SC. I have a feeling he is going to have a nice long commute…he would first need to move by himself until I can find employment so what’s a good apartment city/area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2009, 12:05 PM

924 posts, read 1,853,830 times
Good luck, there is a possibility that my husband is being transferred to Whiteville and we are in the same boat. Nothing anywhere around that sounds good or much of anything. If you find anything, please keep me informed.

Thanks

Old 06-09-2009, 01:11 PM

62 posts, read 168,143 times
I've been to Lumberton (most notably) the hospital there on numerous occasions. It's a pretty nice hospital acutally. Especially for a town that size. My husband's grandmother was there off and on for almost 2 years.

She lived in a very cute, but very small town not far away, called Bladenboro. I always enjoyed the town and everyone I seems so nice there.

I believe it's about 15-20 minutes from Lumberton, and a little more to Whiteville, maybe 25-30 minutes.

I'm from Charlotte, so going to that area, always felt like taking a break in the country. It's very quiet there, but everything you need is over in Lumberton.

Good luck to you both.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:21 PM

2 posts, read 9,101 times
Default Lumberton White Oak NC Area

White Oak is a town in proximity to Lumberton. If you are still interested in housing, I have a house for rent $550 a month. 3 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms, New refrigerator, New washer and dryer, ceiling fans through out, wall-to-wall carpeting, and new energy efficient central air and heating system on 1/2 acre of land. The address is 8205 HW 53 White Oak NC 28399.

Old 07-31-2009, 09:26 PM

19 posts, read 44,803 times
To Duchesstammy:
I too am thinking of relocating to NC from FL and am curious how the job market is there? Especially in smaller towns. I'm from a small town in FL, so I'd like a town similar in NC. Yet coming such a far distance and not much knowledge on NC my biggest concern is safety!!! I'm just so worried I will move into the "worst town". Any advice is greatly appreciated! =]
Thank you!

Old 08-01-2009, 05:56 PM

2 posts, read 9,101 times
Blondie710
NC is a great state with many opportunities. I am not certain of the overall job market however; there is a military base and several hospitals in the area. The cost of living is great, the lakes are nice and the people are friendly...It reminds you of the way things use to be when people cared and were not out to just for the money. You should visit different areas in NC that way you will know what you are getting and where you want to live... Hope this helps! Take care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina