U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-05-2009, 02:13 PM
 
7,104 posts, read 9,697,599 times
Reputation: 2564

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteCharlotte View Post
I moved to Charlotte because most of my family is here but quite honestly I only plan on staying here for a year or soo(will re evaluate when my apt. lease is up). It would be nice to have a job but the truth is I don't plan on looking for work until 2013. I mean sure if a good job comes to me before then I will take it but I am not going to bend over backwards trying to find something.

I'm confused on a couple of points here. Are you planning on figuring out how you can collect w/o working until 2013?

Isn't an UI person attesting to UI that they are looking? If yes, are you lying?


Why, would you post that on a public forum? Just curious that's all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-05-2009, 02:22 PM
 
716 posts, read 1,357,732 times
Reputation: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by johne482 View Post
I'm confused on a couple of points here. Are you planning on figuring out how you can collect w/o working until 2013?

Isn't an UI person attesting to UI that they are looking? If yes, are you lying?


Why, would you post that on a public forum? Just curious that's all.

#1 I am not trying to figure out on how I can collect till 2013 I dont think thats even possible is it?

#2 Read the whole post you will see that I already look for work 2 times a week and have proof of it.

#3 Why would I post on a public forum? Well you see my original question has already been answered its just that things always seem to get off topic on posts like this. I mean how hard is it to just answer the original question?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2009, 02:41 PM
 
7,104 posts, read 9,697,599 times
Reputation: 2564
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteCharlotte View Post
#1 I am not trying to figure out on how I can collect till 2013 I dont think thats even possible is it?

#2 Read the whole post you will see that I already look for work 2 times a week and have proof of it.

#3 Why would I post on a public forum? Well you see my original question has already been answered its just that things always seem to get off topic on posts like this. I mean how hard is it to just answer the original question?
1. Might be. I have a tenant that's collected for the 7 years she's been with me.
2. I read the whole post my friend. I guess I read into things differently. I was thrown off by a person saying something to the effect they are considering not looking fr work till 2013. I think...your words.
3. Don't be so sure your orig. question was answered. How hard is "it to just answer the original question"...in my case more difficult than most people b/c
I try to get answers from more qualified sources than a forum board.You yourself said to one poster "guess I won't report my new address" (something like that) and then several people answered its not a problem. So, what do I know. Glad you're satisfied. No prob for me.

Stay calm and don't shoot someone that may be of help to you.
je
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2009, 03:00 PM
 
716 posts, read 1,357,732 times
Reputation: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by johne482 View Post
Stay calm and don't shoot someone that may be of help to you.
je

Yes I understand I am not mad at you I am just pissed cause 2 posters in particular are sending me messages about getting a job and hounding me why I moved here without a job. I wont say who they are but I think I have the right to move anywhere here in the good ol USA!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2009, 04:00 PM
 
Location: Statesville, NC
60 posts, read 143,100 times
Reputation: 22
Some people on this site are SO JUDGEMENTAL. I've posted and had my ear shewed out and read other posting like yourself that people just need to ANSWER the question and mind the other stuff. Who cares what you do with your life. Your question was can you collect unemployment from the state you were unemployed from and live in another state? YES

You can change your license over and no problem. My friend moved here from NY unemployment is $380 a week. She was able to get an apartment with her unemployment money. She changed her license and registration and is paying cheaper rent, car insurance and is still able to pay her bills. She has also got a job here after 5 months of looking.

My sister also was collecting unemployment and moved here and did the same thing. She got a job here within 3 months. Still employed because she is bilingual while others in her job got cut. Ignore the stupid remarks and I hope this helps.

Now in my case it took me 3 months and took on a temp. position for 4 months unemployed for 6 more months and now I'm working again. I've been here a year from NY as well. All of my family is here so I moved.

We all know that the situation is bad no matter where you live. If you have any questions feel free to message me and I'll see how I can help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2009, 06:16 PM
 
7,104 posts, read 9,697,599 times
Reputation: 2564
Quote:
Originally Posted by eve11706 View Post
Some people on this site are SO JUDGEMENTAL. I've posted and had my ear shewed out and read other posting like yourself that people just need to ANSWER the question and mind the other stuff. Who cares what you do with your life. Your question was can you collect unemployment from the state you were unemployed from and live in another state? YES

You can change your license over and no problem. My friend moved here from NY unemployment is $380 a week. She was able to get an apartment with her unemployment money. She changed her license and registration and is paying cheaper rent, car insurance and is still able to pay her bills. She has also got a job here after 5 months of looking.

My sister also was collecting unemployment and moved here and did the same thing. She got a job here within 3 months. Still employed because she is bilingual while others in her job got cut. Ignore the stupid remarks and I hope this helps.

Now in my case it took me 3 months and took on a temp. position for 4 months unemployed for 6 more months and now I'm working again. I've been here a year from NY as well. All of my family is here so I moved.

We all know that the situation is bad no matter where you live. If you have any questions feel free to message me and I'll see how I can help.
The problem with this response is that many of the posters on this site have a brain. Sometimes it takes a little time to engage it and give a valued opinion or advise.

I'll bet you were always the first person to finish your exams in class and rushed outside to smoke a J.

Right? C'mon tell me the truth. Lolattheanger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2010, 08:33 PM
 
1 posts, read 614 times
Reputation: 10
Default i need ur help guys

hello every 1 i m living in california and i just start getting unemployment but now i m thinking about moving 2 NC so will i got my unemployment in NC also?if yes how i mean what i haave 2 do? and i m getting max amount here so how much i will got in NC....?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2010, 09:44 PM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
10,389 posts, read 19,348,367 times
Reputation: 11266
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliwajahat View Post
hello every 1 i m living in california and i just start getting unemployment but now i m thinking about moving 2 NC so will i got my unemployment in NC also?if yes how i mean what i haave 2 do? and i m getting max amount here so how much i will got in NC....?

If you would read the very thread you just posted in, you would see that Calif will continue to pay your unemployment. Why would NC want to pay you out of NC taxpayers money when you've never worked a day here? So you will continue to deal with Calif regarding unemployment issues, as usual, no matter where you live; the amount should not change, but you'll have to ask them in California.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:32 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top