U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2009, 07:22 PM

6,196 posts, read 14,230,531 times

Advertisements

Are you talking about ME in your post? (Since you used my quote, that's why I'm asking.)

I hope not!

I'm just giggling at how things are said online.

I'm innocent, I tell ya, I'm innocent! Never been in New Jersey! My profile has more info than you'd ever want to know about my location!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Actually at the time it appeared you lived in NJ, so it would be more like stay where you are. But I guess the yankee in you has to take offense even if your assumption of my meaning was totally wrong.

Why don't you update your profile to reflect your 'location' to reflect where you actually live. If you are ashamed to list NC, then I have another suggestion how you can remedy that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 07:29 PM

16,300 posts, read 24,950,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
Are you talking about ME in your post? (Since you used my quote, that's why I'm asking.)

I hope not!

I'm just giggling at how things are said online.

I'm innocent, I tell ya, I'm innocent! Never been in New Jersey!
Oops my bad, it just sounded like something he would say

Old 07-12-2009, 08:02 PM

35 posts, read 76,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
i noticed that ppl on here use this word a lot...do ppl actually say this in real life when referring to ppl from the NE??

i'm not trying to be funny, i'm just curious.
Yup!!! They don't get that the southerners too are YANKEES. Americans are known as YANKEES globally.

However, the southerners intent is to insult.

Old 07-12-2009, 09:10 PM

13,779 posts, read 23,731,362 times
Under mod review

Old 07-13-2009, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
Why do different Southern states have baseball teams if they're in the South?

The "hatred" (more like an intense rivalry) between the NY Yankees and the Boston Red Sox goes back to the early 1900's. It's not a Northeren team hating another Northern team.
The Red Sox hate the Yankees because the Yankees stole Babe Ruth See, easy enough!

Old 07-13-2009, 02:54 PM

I have spent the better portion of an afternoon editing and deleting this thread and I probably did not catch it all. If I need to come back in here I will delete the entire thread.

Old 07-14-2009, 05:05 PM

6,076 posts, read 11,011,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
The Red Sox hate the Yankees because the Yankees stole Babe Ruth See, easy enough!
Proud to be a "Yankee-Doodle-Dandy", how about you?

Old 07-14-2009, 07:55 PM

16,300 posts, read 24,950,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
Proud to be a "Yankee-Doodle-Dandy", how about you?
So that explains why you have listed your locations as: "north central Ohio, UNFORTUNATELY!"

Old 07-15-2009, 06:13 PM

6,076 posts, read 11,011,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
So that explains why you have listed your locations as: "north central Ohio, UNFORTUNATELY!"
No, not really. I'm just tired of the lake effect snow and most if not all the peope up here. I'm a natural born Yankee, but my Ex is fron NC (pleaswe keep her down there . My best half and I are looking into moving someday to either Oklahoma or Montana. We love the folks in both of the states. And because of my Ex, I have vowed to stay away from NC at all cost, FYI No legal problems, I have had enough of her and her idiot family.

Old 07-18-2009, 10:44 PM

358 posts, read 857,499 times
Every place has its own body of ignorance, trash and unenlightened.

I've got friends from all over the country and all over the world, many of whom live here in North Carolina, now.

They're all from different backgrounds, locations, ethnic groups, genders, sexual orientations, religions and everything else you can think of.

Everyone cherishes their roots and their heritage. That doesn't mean we don't embrace each other.

We all respect one another's differences and don't make a stink about it.

I've got friends in my town alone who have come from England, Ireland, Scotland, Ghana, Russia, Ukraine, India and loads of other places in between, who all love it here in North Carolina.

One of my closest buddies is from Philly/South Jersey. He loves a lot about the South and admits that we (native Southerners) get a bad wrap because of stereotypes based off of minuscule problems or nonexistent ones.

I make fun of his accent, but it's all in fun. Unfortunately for him, there's no twang when I speak for him to make fun of me for, which he admits, haha.

I've been to NYC a couple of times and enjoyed my visit. I ran into some arseholes, but most of the people that I encountered and conversed with were genuinely nice people, even after discovering where I'm from.

Seriously people, we can all appreciate and be proud of where we're from and the culture we were raised in and still be great friends with people who were raised in other areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina