Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2007, 05:59 PM

8 posts, read 18,352 times

Advertisements

Trying to find movers to move by 1 bedroom apartment from Florida to NC. I am thinking about hiring a company like PODS, but cheaper than pods. I am also planning on hiring someone to move my stuff in and out of the "pod". I'm trying to keep the total move under $1500. Any suggestions on companies or experiences?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2007, 01:23 PM

3,364 posts, read 9,985,533 times
We moved a one bed place from Miami to Charlotte

It with us packing the boxes so the movers came in numbered every box item of furniture etc, loaded the van Friday (we used approx. 1/3 of the van)

Phoned us on the Saturday confirmed the price once they weighed the truck, delivered everything on Monday, putting everything where we wanted it, including running up and down the stairs rather a lot of times.

cost $2500.

We had 5500lbs of junk (Well maybe not quite junk).

As for hiring people to pack a pod you may be better contacting a local staffing agency at each end.

Old 04-23-2008, 07:48 PM

11 posts, read 31,228 times
Talking Charlotte Movers

I just wrote a post about All My Sons - Charlotte for someone looking for a good, insured, reasonable, company. There # is 704-344-1300 - they might be able to help you or at least send you in the right direction. I do know if you go pods, make sure you rent blankets, otherwise all your stuff will knock around and get damaged. AMS can unload you once you get here in Charlotte, but they may even be able to bring you here and that way you get a great company. They also have a great BBB record and they are licensed by the state to move. Hope this helps. Be careful - don't always go with the cheapest - I've had a friend at church never get their stuff - the company disappeared. Also, many internet websites will broker out your move for a fee - so I suggest trying to go directly to the company.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:03 PM

3,830 posts, read 6,695,378 times
I wish I would have saved the name and number of the people I used. I moved a 1 bedroom apt (well, the stuff only of course ) from MI to NC with Uhaul. I then put an ad on craigslist for movers. Got 2 guys who do it for extra money. They finished in under an hour. I gave them $40 each, even though the agreement was $20/hr each. They were carrying 2-3 boxes up to the 3rd floor in August. Everything was great and I had no problems!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina